Getting Started

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Julia Y

Reaction score
Hey everyone - what a truly fabulous site - I've learned heaps already and now I need a little help from you guys. Bear with me - pls!!!!

I'm just on the verge of taking the plunge and training as a nail tec (which I'm both excited and nervous about). I've researched courses and talked to a few people and was thinking of doing the Creatives course in London or the Fingertips and Beauty in Northwood. Can anyone recommend which one is best??

I'm also a tad confused about which system to go for. Should I learn all 3 - acrylics, gels and fibreglass wraps (not sure if the right names???). I'm planning to work from home and also be mobile. I used to have a tec come to my house and do the tips with the fibreglass and had to give her up when I had my baby and went back to work part-time. I now do the tips on myself and I don't think the result is too bad (however I can usually see the join / a different colour where the tip is stuck on!!)

Also any help / advice on starting out and setting up for mobile / home would be just fantastic.

Once again, great site - I'll def be a regular from now on. Hope to hear from you soon.
Julia

PS any one got any good names for nail tecs / businesses (that they aren't using or who don't work anywhere near Herts!) I'm trying to think of something original, sassy (and not tacky!) that I can use for business cards, promotional stuff etc

Hi there,
I am also new to this site and have found it to be a total god send. I expect you will get quite a few answers and all will tell you the same. Go creative, I trained in Windsor and so so so wish i have saved my money and trained with creative instead, as every one keeps saying how wonderful they are. I am also lead to believe that they also give continual support after the course something you do not get a great deal of with other training companies.

I am currently trying to work out a way of getting the money together to go with these guys. So I would say go with CND, even though as yet I have not tried them, I would still say they sound one of the best.

Good luck
Kind regards
Grace

Well Hun,
I would choose Creative, The Award Winning Training Company, that says it all really................
You will never be left high and dry, when it comes to back up, even when you have finished your training............... Fantastic product support, out standing Ambassadors (Trainers).................. and they are all nice people, always willing to help !!!!!!!!

Where else would you get a high training standard like this ?????
I for one have been a Tech for nearly 13 years, and still after all that time in the bizz, trained the creative waythis year and have never looked back.............

You will learn everything there, health and saftey, anatomy, product knowledge, application, maintaining the nails, it's not a quicky course, but a very indepth.....................
On the bizz name for yourself, well?????......Check out Companies around you, yellow pages aso ......This might give you an idea !!!!!!
Just my thoughts
love Ruth xxxxxxxx

Hello julia
I have to agree with ruth and Grace, Creative is the way to learn. I have been using Creative for over 3 years its fab......

As you are new to this site, may I suggest you also try the search facility in the box over on the left of your screen.

There you can search for topics that have already been discussed, such as names for salons, promotional ideas, training etc. You will find allot of inspiration there.

I started out training with another company but like so many others, converted to Creative [finished my foundation course only the other week] and wonder why I didn't do it in the first place [again like so many others]. Still, it's nice to be able to compare training, products etc and I don't regret the way I went about things.
Good luck
Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back