Getting started

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakki

Reaction score
Hi there. I have recently passed my acrylic nail course and like most people starting out i still think that my work is not good enough. So much so that i have not advertised yet. I have had a few clients and they have been satisfied by my work. Did anyone else feel like this when they started out?

Jakki

We have all felt like this hun but we all need to practise in order to improve so we have to just go for it and do as many sets as we can find willing clients for :hug:

Hi Jackie

I am exactly where you are, just waiting on my last exam result, passes all others so no raeson to think otherwise with this one.

I can do my daughters nails every time with good results but need to push myself to do other peoples. Ive got one of my friends coming round later on and Im going to do hers but I deading it!!!

Your not on your own and we WILL get there, I love doing nails and thinking I made her nails look nice!!

x

We have all felt like this hun but we all need to practise in order to improve so we have to just go for it and do as many sets as we can find willing clients for :hug:

Everyone of us has been there, done that, got the t-shirt!

Keep practising - the confidence will come!:)

Hi Jackie

I am exactly where you are, just waiting on my last exam result, passes all others so no raeson to think otherwise with this one.

I can do my daughters nails every time with good results but need to push myself to do other peoples. Ive got one of my friends coming round later on and Im going to do hers but I deading it!!!

Your not on your own and we WILL get there, I love doing nails and thinking I made her nails look nice!!

x
Hi there Swanner.

Thanx for that. its nice to know there are other tec's out there who feel the same as me, but you are right WE WILL! get there in the end good luck

Jakki

Everyone of us has been there, done that, got the t-shirt!

Keep practising - the confidence will come!:)

Thanx for the support i will keep practicing cheers:lol:

Hi there Loubylou.

Thanx for the kind words of support. I am practising, I feel I just need the confidence,and Im sure it will come.

Thanx. xx

Jakki

Hi Jakki,

Please dont get disheartened I felt exactly the same as you but remember it takes time and practice to produce excellent nails. I finished my course with Creative recently and decided the best thing to do was practice practice practice for a couple of months on myself and anyone willing. I hope to advertise in September, least then I will be confident that I am giving my clients the best I can give. Would rather be patient and have people recommend me than rush into things.

Good luck hun. xx

I think we all feel like this :) dont get disheartened honey get anyone who is willing and practice practice practice Good luck xxx

Latest posts

Back