Getting wax off carpet!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beverleyt

Reaction score
I did a stupid thing last night and decided to wax myself in my bedroom and got wax on the floor after I dropped the tub! Does anyone know how to get the wax out of the carpet?? EEEEEK!

Will it be the same method as removing candle wax? :eek:

My cat jumped onto my waxing trolley (she's mental lol) when I was waxing my eyebrows... I should have closed the door as I normally do if I have a client at home, but because it was only me, I didn't bother. I wish I had now!! Wax pot spilled all over the carpet :-(

Would love to hear if there are any solutions to this xx

You can try ironing over it with brown paper - the method I use to remove candle wax from carpet sucessfully.

OR

You could rub a bit of your afterwax lotion or oil into it and see if it comes off - the method I use to remove wax from my towels/couch sheet when I have a wax drizzle.

PS... You may find warming it carefully with a hair dryer might help as it should be easier to remove when slightly warm than when it's cold.

Depending on which type of wax you use you can either try and take it off with a wax strip or wax remover but its a tricky one and very much depends what wax you are using and what type of carpet etc....eeek

Thank you! I'll let you know how I get on! :rolleyes:

i've just removed some off my carpet at home today...put baby oil on it, squeezed up some of the wax and trimmed the carpet a bit lol...then rubbed like mad with a babywipe and more baby oil then used fabric cleaner to remove oil from carpet and it looks brand new :)

i have spilled wax many a time and have used WD40 but it has been on wax spilled on a hard surface. sprayed and and let it soak for a bit works wonders but havent used it on a carpet maybe try if nothing else works

hope this is of help to you x

Ironing over newspaper / brown paper really does the trick for candle wax, also, it works well to remove chewing off the surfaces :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

Hiya, I spilt a whole pot of wax on a fluffy white carpet! I just hair dried it to melt it and used a metal scraper type thing and scraped it all up. Did the trick!

Hope this helps xx

Hiya, I spilt a whole pot of wax on a fluffy white carpet! I just hair dried it to melt it and used a metal scraper type thing and scraped it all up. Did the trick!

Hope this helps xx

I'm going to try that one tomorrow.. Sick of sticking to the carpet in our beauty room!!! Lol

For candle wax I use an iron and a couple of layers of papertowels and it works like magic. Maybe it will do the same.

I had some wax on my carpet thanks to my 2 year old getting hold of my up turned pot filling up my heater! (It wasn't on just still a bit gooey!) I put a bag of peas straight from the freezer on it and in just a few minutes it went really hard and just picked off amazingly easily!! I'd heard this one for candle wax too! Total opposite to other advice on here I know but worked a treat!

If you have accidental damage insurance, then claim for new carpet!

Latest posts

Back