Getting wax out of clothing?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailspink_0

Reaction score
Hi
Does anybody know how to get wax out of clothing?
Thanks
Liz

Depending on the material of the clothing, you can take place the item between two pieces of brown paper bag, then iron it. It works really well but be sure your garment can be ironed. :)

Thanks I'll try that tomorrow.

I use baby oil for that. If it's sugar wax, then water is fine.

Is it strip wax or hot wax?

Strip wax usually just washes out in a normal wash without having to do anything special to it.

If it's hot wax, you can use some after wax oil to get rid of the stain and then some washing up liquid to get rid of the oil

Wash on 60-90 degree wash. If a lot of it, use wax remover on it first. Is fine for my towels and uniforms but did have a stubborn one on a non-tunic top that took a few goes with remover then wash. Hot wax needs remover first so it doesn’t go hard in pipes when it cools.

Hey there, if you place a dishcloth or a towel under the clothing, then put two paper towels over the top of the wax stain. Set an iron at a low to medium heat and iron over the area. The heated wax will melt again, and come away from the clothing, soaking into the paper towel instead. Hope that helps!

Latest posts

Back