Getting Worried - No-one to Guinea Pig

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HayleySullivan

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am sure this is a bit of a problem with everyone when they are starting out. But I am feeling that I can not progress without any help.

I have just passed my bio sculpture exam but I do not want to do it on paying clients until I have done at least 20 sets of nails that I am happy with! I have heard you cant call yourself a nail tech until you have done 80 sets!! (wow)!!

So I need people to do some bio gels on weekly.

Also I have started my Level 2 beauty

So also need to practice waxing, manicures, facials and eye treatments - tinting, brow shaping etc. But mainly waxing.

I live near romford essex.

Would any 1 be able to help?

I have tried the salon g.pig site but have had no response!!!

Please, please, please!

So ideally i am looking for some people to have weekly appointments with me until december! This will give me confidence until i am confident in charging people in nails and also the pratcice to pass my level 2!!

Would really appreciate it!!

Hi Hayley there is a thread about being a guinea pig where people have said if they will be one or if they need one and the area they live in you might want to check it out try doing a search for guinea pig i will see if I can find it for you :)

cant link it but it's a thread by PinkPotions called guinea pigs for training purposes :) hth

she said she had already done that Donna

Sorry didnt read that far der read right to that line and stopped having remembered reading the G. pig thread yesterday. if I was close to you i'd have loved to have helped sorry again:(

thats ok , thanks for your help and replying.

Hayley, why not drop a line to your local college asking them to put a notice up on their notice board for students to contact you if they fancy a set?

Otherwise, the next best thing I can suggest is when you do get chance to do a set, even if its on yourself, take the plunge and post on here in the critique section. I personally would be happy to critique sets of Bio for you if you let me know, and you then have the benefit of feedback from trained techs as opposed to trying to trouble shoot yourself.

Hi Hayley

I can help you out no problem - I live in Brentwood and have a room set up at home. Do you think you can come to me for practice, or I can come to you if you prefer? Where are you at college? Let me know anyway, I'm sure I can fit in some treatments!

Jenni
x

No luck on my guinea pig site then? I thought there were quite a few peeps in Essex on there...

Hi Hayley,

I'll PM you, i should be able to help you out. :)

Rachel xx

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I am in exactly the same boat, I am tachnically qualified, but feel nowhere near ready to unleash myself on the general public. As you say, I need to be doing this regularly, i.e. weekly, and also practising rebalancing too, to see if the nails I am producing survive on real live people! I have tried salon guinea pig but to no avail, because no geeks really live in my area (S.Wales).
I was wondering what you all think about me putting an advert in my local shop window, advertising that I am newly qualified, and need models for free/reduced fee sets. It seems like a good idea, but then am I shooting myself in the foot before I've even started because if the nails aren't up to scratch people will bad mouth me to others? Or maybe if they know I'm a newbie, then they'll assume that EVERYTHING that goes wrong with their nails will be my fault???
Unsure what to do!:confused: Thanks guys for reading.x

Hiya pm me if your interested in another person.. in lakeside go shopping afterwards..:lol:

I am quite surprised at this thread has have replied to your PM's on two separate occasions Hayley confirming that I can be a guinea pig for you.
Unfortunately, it is too late for the bio sculptures as I am now doing a massage course and therefore cannot have any nail enhancements, but I will be a guinea pig for your level 2.

I am quite surprised at this thread has have replied to your PM's on two separate occasions Hayley confirming that I can be a guinea pig for you.
Unfortunately, it is too late for the bio sculptures as I am now doing a massage course and therefore cannot have any nail enhancements, but I will be a guinea pig for your level 2.

Me too tbh ive offered myself as a guinea pig to you hun i know i couldnt offer my nails but i was happy for you to do some waxing/facials ect.

Latest posts

Back