getting worse instead off getting better

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

auntsally

Reaction score
hi everyone, could anyone tell me if they had this problem, istarted my foundation at creative on monday, and did my 3rd day yesterday, now on the 2week break, i just cant get the hang off apliey ing the acrlic its all over the place ,i seem to get worse with ever nail, the beads to wet to dry the nails lumpy and to thick i did my model yester day and they were awful ,am i exspecting to much at this stage ? or is this normall everybody eles in the class looked so much better than mine ,dont think i am ever going to get the hang of it no matter how many times i get shown it sooooooo hard just want to get one nail that i can call half desent :irked:

You are not alone.

Firstly, calm down LOL.

OK next take a break and read through the tutorials on here. One of the best things to do is to work on your mix ratio - you will get into a set routine of how many times you wipe your brush to how long you stay in the powder. If you do it the same every time then you will get the same bead time after time. Then you adapt it for a larger or smaller bead.

Work on a practise sheet of circles to get the mix right. Once it is spot on then go back to doing your practise nails.

Good luck.

You are not alone.

Firstly, calm down LOL.

OK next take a break and read through the tutorials on here. One of the best things to do is to work on your mix ratio - you will get into a set routine of how many times you wipe your brush to how long you stay in the powder. If you do it the same every time then you will get the same bead time after time. Then you adapt it for a larger or smaller bead.

Work on a practise sheet of circles to get the mix right. Once it is spot on then go back to doing your practise nails.

Good luck.

EXACTLY, i've had seemingly good students loose the plot after a lunch break, you have to persist, persist, practise, practise to keep yourself in with the flow of things.

I have a sheet to practise mix ration on,i don't have a scanner but i will post you one if you like,pm me.

Oh and chin up and keep at ,practise makes perfect ! xxx

Great advice from Fiona.....

The majority of problems for students can be traced back to mix ratio.....so just take a deep breath and get back to basics.... sorting out your mix ratio...

Also...NEVER MIND how OTHERS in your class are doing....just concentrate on your work...I sometimes wish I could put blinkers on students so that they can't see each others work!!!...
Everyone learns at a different rate...and I always think that slow and steady wins the race!!
HTH

try not to stress too much when i did my foundation i was the same:lol: i found my old sheets from when i did the course and omg they were awful :lol: so you are in the same boat as everyone else when they starrt out :green: just try practice as much as you can and you will improve ! dont worry , xx

Dont worry hun i am having a nightmare with P&W L&P. You would think I used a shovel to put it on not a brush. As I do mostly gel changing method to L&P is causing headaches. Dont worry though its a bit like learning to drive its hopeless for weeks and them one day it just all comes together (I hope LOL).
Charlotte

You really aren't alone. :hug: I felt the same in school; there were a few other girls who just picked things up faster than I did. But I'm mostly pleased with where my skills are now (there's always room for improvement!).

You'll be fine. Just keep on practicing with those tips and practice sheets. :)

Hi, well i wont be the first or the last to tell you we have all been there at some point, practice practice practice you are no different from us you will get there soon, we all have our bad days too so dont let this put you off keep the faith girl.
jac
xx:)

thanks to everybody i guess i thought it would be easyer than i thought, it looks it when you watch a profesional, when they do your nails in a salon .how wrong was i , i take my hats off to you nail tecs, its quiet an art, i guess i will eventally get there, with lots of practise , i have got one off those card to practice on, so i will keep at it thanks again donna x

Hello

I posted a topic a few months ago about the very same thing (gave it the same title) search my posts and you'll see what I said and all the answers I got too so you're definitely not alone!

Ahh..:hug: I remember thinking the same as you, and even now I get really off days when things just seem to go wrong - my smiles look miserable, zone two is a mountain - etc etc, then the next day I plod on again and I think ....you know what im getting good at this!!! (It depends on the old hormones).
DONT give up or give in have a coffe break and get back to it I know we all have said it but persistance and practise is the name of the game!!! GOOD LUCK x x

Latest posts

Back