GGGrrr Getting Frustrated....MIL

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi

For those of you who "kinda" know me on her, you have probably heard me going on about a similar subject before.

I know some of you have said that I shouldn't be doing her nails as she doesn't look after them, but she is good practice for me....just sucks on the wearabilty side of things.

I removed her gels for her last night (buff off, only 3 nails on each hand had gels left as the rest had come away in bits whether through wear and tear or PICKING - which can I add took several layers of nail with it).

I then tidied all her nails up and cuticles, and gave her some solor oil treatment as her skin and nails (especially nails) were sooooooooo dry. For those of you that don't know she washes up numerous times a day with no gloves, cleans in bleach with no gloves, doesn't moistorise....infact she doesn't do anything I say.

I then scrubed each nail with scrub fresh to ensure nails were squeeky clean. I then applied Lumos base coat, then 1 coat of silver chrome CND polish. Once completely dried I then used black striping tape to create an effect on her ring fingers and thumbs. I then topped all nails with Lumos top coat and included a second layer on the nail art fingers.

I have seen her today, and one of the thumbs a whole piece of tape has come away, and its beginning to come away on the other. Im sure it won't be long before the rest follows. The polish is still on though (its a flipping miricle!).

Have I done something wrong? Should I of applied the lumos top coat over the silver and whilst tacky put the tape over the top, wait to dry, and then seal off with another top coat?

I was hoping as im using good quality products that things might stay put a little longer, but is this not the case if the client simply doesn't look after them?

She wants to try Shellac, which I will do just to see if it does last......but honestly am I right in thinking it won't stand a chance?

:rolleyes:

How close to the free edge did you trim the tape?
It needs a tiny gap or it will lift and catch as it sort of curls back.

LOL...Oh Becky! I recall your trials and tribulations with this client. Poor girl! As far as the nail tape, it can be a bit tricky. I used to cut it short of the free edge because it always seemed to curl and get caught on stuff.

As far as products, you used the best on her. Can you imagine the condition her nails would be in if you hadn't? She managed to do that much damage in 24 hours! She doesn't listen to you now and I don't think she's going to.

In my opinion with what you've said about how she cares for her nails, Shellac is going to just be a more expensive product she will destroy. The difference will be that she may feel that since she's paid a "premium" price for it and it's supposed to last 14+ days, she'll feel that you'll need to repair it free of charge.

How close to the free edge did you trim the tape?
It needs a tiny gap or it will lift and catch as it sort of curls back.

Brilliant minds.....

When you say a gap, you mean so its not flush to the free edge edge? Because thats where mine was! I literally trimmed with cuticle nippers so the tape ended up right up to the free edge.

Should I trim it so theres like half a milimeter before the edge of the nail?

I would trim it just short of the free edge and bevel it...back in the day when I used it. I use to LOVE the stuff!!!!

LOL...Oh Becky! I recall your trials and tribulations with this client. Poor girl! As far as the nail tape, it can be a bit tricky. I used to cut it short of the free edge because it always seemed to curl and get caught on stuff.

As far as products, you used the best on her. Can you imagine the condition her nails would be in if you hadn't? She managed to do that much damage in 24 hours! She doesn't listen to you now and I don't think she's going to.

In my opinion with what you've said about how she cares for her nails, Shellac is going to just be a more expensive product she will destroy. The difference will be that she may feel that since she's paid a "premium" price for it and it's supposed to last 14+ days, she'll feel that you'll need to repair it free of charge.

Im glad you remember me and yes im batterling! I will put Shellac on her, but only once as I know its not going to last.

I will def try cutting shy of the free edge, makes sense really don't know why I didn't do that in the first place.

Thanks ladies:Love:

Latest posts

Back