ghd styler

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slhallford

Reaction score
So, I am so NOT a hair geek, but I've really been needing a new hair routine and my DH loves sleek, straight hair. I was blessed with wavy/curly hair so he's been pretty much out of luck.

I was reading all the back reviews on ghd straighteners and now pleased everyone was with them. Then, I got an email from our local beauty supply wholesalers that they were going to be carrying them. This meant that I suddenly felt it necessary to stalk them and call everyday until they actually showed up.

I used it today and it's amazing. It only took me 15 minutes and I had perfectly straight hair. My 3 yo saw me and wanted curls so I curled her pig tails with it. I love the auto shut off feature.

I'm really pleased with it. The geeks here have never steered me wrong!

S

Glad you are loving you new GHD's, you'll never look back!! Clients always ask whats so special about them and moan about the price but once used they realise they are worth every penny :)

The mk 4 are ace and the new summer bags oh so sexy:Love:

I'm desperate for a new pair of straighteners, mine are pants! I've been looking at the new mk4 GHD's and really like the look of them! I don't suppose anyone knows of any where that's got them at a good price? I know I won't get them cheap, but every penny helps :green:

i love my ghd mk4 styler i had the old ones first which were great but i couldnt resist getting the new ones so i sold my old ones on ebay to put the money towards getting the new ones.i was really pleased as i got over £70 for them.i bought my new ghds from a salon called nikita.i had looked on the internet to see the price of them first and this salon sold them for the same price.i found other salons sold them for more than i saw on the internet.i paid £119 which was the cheapest i saw them for.

I upgraded to ha-hair straighteners....never thought there would be anything better than GHDs, I had the minis and to standard ones, but the ha-hair ones are fabulous, variable temerature control 100% ceramic plates!

Hi donna we sell lots dont we. We know best mk 4 rock he he

I am thinking of getting the mk4 GHD's but several people have told me they pull and tug your hair a bit when straightening and curling. They say they aren't as smooth as the mk3's.

Anyone else agree/found this???

i dont think theres that much difference in them, except the rounder edges are better for curling,
but apart from that they are basically the same,
but with different features
ie shut off after 20 mins,
great if you use them at home and forget to switch them off,
but not soo great if your doing a wedding put up and they switch off after 20 mins!!
ohh they do a nice beepy thing which the old ones didnt do lmao!!

My styler doesn't seem to tug or pull. Maybe if you were pulling with a lot of tension or had a section that was wider than the plates and might get caught that way. The auto shutoff was a selling point for me since I only use it at home.

S

Hi I recently searched the net for the Mrk 4 ghd styler and in the end rang GHD who gave me list of their recommended official web retailers.

I found them for £99.99, with free shipping from www.lookfantastic.com at the moment you can also pick up one of GHD's full size thermal heat protecting sprays for.... wait for it 0.01p. plus free travel sizes of ghd products

I have longish afro- caribbean hair, and never thought a ceramic straightener would ever work on my hair type. still cannot believe , how great my hair looks after using the mk4's, and how quick the whole thing is.

They are a really great investment, you wont be disappointed

I am thinking of getting the mk4 GHD's but several people have told me they pull and tug your hair a bit when straightening and curling. They say they aren't as smooth as the mk3's.

Anyone else agree/found this???

Ive have just recently purchased the MK4 ghd's and am really happy with them. My hair is thick and they dont tug on it at all, only if u press the plates together too hard, you dont need to use too much pressure as instructed in the DVD and they will glideee through your hair

These are my first pair of ghds so cant comment on the mk3 but i love them. They are the only way i can acheive that just left the salon look. :D

Cheers guys I think i'll save up and treat myself. Thanks for helping.

Latest posts

Back