Ghd vs Cloud Nine?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roxybear

Reaction score
What are your opinions on the straighteners as ive been hearing the new ghds are not as good as the older styles

Do a search on Hair Threads. Lots of opinions but few in favour of GHD now, myself included.

For some reason my search is not working, im interested to try the cloud nine as ive heard the deigner was the designer for the original ghds, I iust don't want to pay out a lot of money if they are not worth it as I have read and even been told by my hair dresser that the new ghds are just pants as the plates are less flexible and don't touch properly (how they have now been deigned) and they are pulling on people's hair which I don't really want that to happen to me as I have a large scar which even after nearly 4 years it's still tender and hurts when brushing

Try this link. It was just a search on 'Hair Straighteners' so does contain some irrelevant stuff but if you have a read, hopefully, you'll find something useful.

Salon Geek - Search Results

Sorry, I forgot that the search function won't look up any words containing less than 4 letters so ignores the word 'Ghd'.

Also, if you are a hair pro, you can buy the Cloud Nine products direct. I think they're really good personally.

Ah brilliant thank you, it wasn't even working when I tried cloud nine, im qualified in hair extensions but will be qualified in June as a hair dresser thanks :)

For some reason my search is not working, im interested to try the cloud nine as ive heard the deigner was the designer for the original ghds, I iust don't want to pay out a lot of money if they are not worth it as I have read and even been told by my hair dresser that the new ghds are just pants as the plates are less flexible and don't touch properly (how they have now been deigned) and they are pulling on people's hair which I don't really want that to happen to me as I have a large scar which even after nearly 4 years it's still tender and hurts when brushing

By any chance does your hairdresser sell cloud 9s over GHDs? She may be telling you these things because she wants you to buy a pair from her. We sell GHD in our salon and the plates do sit together well and do not pull on the hair. Try the GHD eclipse straighteners they are the top model and we sell a lot of them. I personally love the fact that they have different limited edition themes to keep it fresh all the time. Either cloud 9 or GHD are worth it. Xx

By any chance does your hairdresser sell cloud 9s over GHDs? She may be telling you these things because she wants you to buy a pair from her. We sell GHD in our salon and the plates do sit together well and do not pull on the hair. Try the GHD eclipse straighteners they are the top model and we sell a lot of them. I personally love the fact that they have different limited edition themes to keep it fresh all the time. Either cloud 9 or GHD are worth it. Xx

No he sells ghds he don't like the new model out at all he has the older versions he had tried selling cloud nine but nobody was interested in the price as its not a big name like ghd and not many people have heard of cloud nine

No he sells ghds he don't like the new model out at all he has the older versions he had tried selling cloud nine but nobody was interested in the price as its not a big name like ghd and not many people have heard of cloud nine

That's why my salon took on GHD instead of cloud 9. We sell loads of GHDs and have become a gold salon account now. Clients don't even ask for straighteners they call them GHD. But both are worth their money. Wait til January as GHD normally have a sale on and salons offer the sale too xx

We sell cloud 9's & are becoming popular now people know about them.

I'm not a hairdresser so this is completely a consumer point of view, I used GHD for years and years and when my first pair broke I replaced them with another pair. However i recently decided to try Cloud 9 as I had heard good things and my friend had a pair and I can honestly say my GHDs have sat in a drawer since. I am in love with my cloud 9s and think they are brilliant! I really notice a difference using them compared to my GHDs and I personally find that my hair stays straighter for longer. I love the different heat settings as well, I find if i straighten my hair one day then the next day I can just run over it on a lower heat setting and it looks great again.

I have to say i agree on new ghds. They're defo not as good.... i feel like I really have to pull the hair

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

Yes I agree! I always thought my second pair weren't as good as my first pair but I thought it was all in my head!

I think cloud nines are also better used ghd for yrs couldnt help but think every pair wasn't as good as my firsts ever pair then I discovered cloud nines at salon international last year never looked back love love love them beautiful shine glide though the hair love the heat control and the plates are lush x

Purely from a consumers point of view - I had a pair of GHD's, which I was relatively happy with, but then my hairdressers started selling Cloud 9 and I much preferred them, so I bought a pair and gave my GHD's to a friend!

I think cloud nines are also better used ghd for yrs couldnt help but think every pair wasn't as good as my firsts ever pair...

I totally agree...I've only had two pairs since my first pair but neither of them are as good as my first set! I don't like the changes they've made atall. Will always mourn the loss of my first pair of GHD's!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I prefer cloud 9 over ghds! Especially the newer ones, I feel the new ghds pull on the hair. Xx

What does everyone prefere the originals or the c9 touch? X

I just have the original wide iron, I love it! I never bought the wide GHDs but I'd thought I'd try wide plates with my cloud 9s and I like them.

Yes I have the originals aswell but I have normal sized plates my gk keratin treatment straighteners are the big plates I do like big plates but I pick the smaller plates for my everyday straighteners as I do a lot of curls with them aswell 👍 x

Cloud 9 anyday!!!

The original creator of GHD now makes the cloud 9 so they are better than what GHD are now as there just been made cheaply nowadays xx

Latest posts

Back