Ginger hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuisaHarris

Reaction score
Hi Guys/Gals

Last month I qualified finally in hair extensions and have been sorting out trade accounts etc my one big question

which suppliers do the best red and ginger choice of extensions - Please bear in mind natural ginger and dyed ginger are completely 2 different things !! I need choice - being a natural red head myself i normally buy them and colour to my own hair however this will be a massively long and lengthy process for a customer - also if they are red naturally and added more copper / henna to hair again this is proving hard to match without messing about

Following.. Red / copper / ginger hair extensions are near impossible to find

Following.. Red / copper / ginger hair extensions are near impossible to find

I've found Beautyworks do a good natural looking ginger - AMBER however it does not match all and Fabulong do some good reds but still not enough choice. and both companies are pricey!!

For my own hair I dont mind henna and colour and up keep of direct dyes to keep me matching but for a client it isn't going to be good - gingers tend to gravitate to me too as they know how hard it is to get extensions however I don't feel its fair to discriminate !!!

I have not found a natural red head shade yet. I don't have beauty works ring but i have fabulong, I would still say the shade 47 fabulong is very artificial? Or maybe I don't know enough red heads!

I've found Beautyworks do a good natural looking ginger - AMBER however it does not match all and Fabulong do some good reds but still not enough choice. and both companies are pricey!!

For my own hair I dont mind henna and colour and up keep of direct dyes to keep me matching but for a client it isn't going to be good - gingers tend to gravitate to me too as they know how hard it is to get extensions however I don't feel its fair to discriminate !!!

Who is discriminating? Have you tried matching a natural brunette or blonde yet? It's almost as difficult. I think the hair extension companies rings are made assuming everyone colours their hair.

Who is discriminating? Have you tried matching a natural brunette or blonde yet? It's almost as difficult. I think the hair extension companies rings are made assuming everyone colours their hair.
so true!! you can buy individual swatches from Bw's and ive asked for ginger and red samples from a shed load of companies some just sent black !!

I said i dont want to discriminate by charging more for the process of matching but it looks like its something i might have to do - henna on different varieties of blond gets a very natural result but it does fade after 6 weeks ( i know this because of my extension wear )

It does seem that suppliers don't realize people with virgin hair are so hard to match !!

fabulong has the best range of coppers i've seen so far... i had a natural ginger on saturday and used shade 32 was lovely!

fabulong has the best range of coppers i've seen so far... i had a natural ginger on saturday and used shade 32 was lovely!
I'm going to have to look again in daylight!

I've had a look at the natural red head you did the colours blend so well !!

Hi Luisa, when I cannot match a color to a customers hair, I will use a pure 100% natural hair unprocessed in color in a weave, divide the two and color both slightly in a different shade of ginger, this hair can then be blended into the clients hair, when we have the right color I then either make the hair into micro rings or flat tip, obviously depending on what the customer would like and then we can really play around with the different colours to get the perfect match x

my first set in my own hair i bought a light strawberry blonde and dark auburn ( 150 bonds of each colour couldnt fit them all in ) and dyed them myself I taught my bf how to apply and here is the result! sorry about the crap lighting
IMAG0074 [794818].jpg
IMAG0072 [794817].jpg

Looks fabulous, you both did an excellent job xx

Latest posts

Back