Gingery Blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SUEM

Reaction score
Hi, Wonder if anyone can help, i am wanting my currently gingery blonde highlighted hair to be a nice soft light blonde with no yellow ginger tones in it but every time i go to a salon and explain they seem to know what i mean but the colour still always comes out ginger at the roots, my salon has been tinting the root and adding foils of highlites on the crown which makes thr ginger less noticeable but i cant carry on having these highlites each time as it is ruining my hair. Why does this happen? My natural colour is mousy blonde/grey.

hiya
what colour is ur natural hair? the main reason for gingery colours is the hair not being lifted enough, so either you r very dark naturally or the hairdresser is not using a strong enough product on your hair
Jen
x

hi sorry just read your hair is mousey brown/grey. they must be putting too much golden colour in your root colour, ask them for the number they use. they need to use an ash colour to conteract the ginger, then your normal highllights.

hi, what colour is your hair naturally? if it has red tones in it, this is what will happen, ur virgin hair (ur roots) is the hair that has no bleach or colour or anything on, so when u bleach that hair its harder 2 get a light (un-red) tone, (if ur hair is naturally redish) where as the rest of ur hair has more than likely been subject 2 a few bleach applications, and is a nicer blond?
or if ur hair has no red tones in it i suspect the salon just isnt using the correct product,
do u know if they r using a high lift tint?? this can sometimes cause a gingery colour at the roots even if u have no red in ur natural hair??
hope this helps xxx

as a trainee, would you get orange roots if
a) the wrong strength of peroxide is being used......especially if bleach is being used ????????????????
b) not been left on long enough ????????????????
or am i on the wrong path ????
just wondering from a trainee point of view.....

hi joanne
yes thats all right!
it sounds like they are just using a tint on her roots which obviously isnt strong enough, or not the right tone. she says her highlights stop the gingeryness so they must be blonde, so either highlift tint or bleach.
x

hi joanne
yes thats all right!
it sounds like they are just using a tint on her roots which obviously isnt strong enough, or not the right tone. she says her highlights stop the gingeryness so they must be blonde, so either highlift tint or bleach.
x

thank you...learning every day xxx

its probably the hi-lift tint that makes it ginger ,even if its ash,when its all over .you have 2 options -1. just have bleach hi lites and skip the tint , or 2. have the hi lift tint ,hen have a silver semi or slightly deeper semi put on top(like a 9/03 or 9/7 or 9/1 etc . But everyones hair is differant , i cant see it your hair may have lots of red / gold or just be very strong . OR 3. you cou;d have back to back slices ( this gives lots of colour ,while being in foil ) your stylist can use a higher strength colour if the colour is off the scalp , this way you will get lots of colour ,two shades,no ginger- gold maybe .

Latest posts

Back