Gipsys

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
vicky said:
On a person level i have had a traveler offer to place an axe into my head..! On that note i didn't take the money and left very quickly.

OMG :eek:

On a person level i have had a traveler offer to place an axe into my head..! On that note i didn't take the money and left very quickly.

omg...i am shocked..really, what do we do when we are threatened, don't get me wrong i have 3 kids and hubby so i am not going to try to be a hero or anything but do we inform the police or what, isn't this the same as robbery or theft. If i went into a shop threatend the shop keeper with a axe and stole 30 quids worth of stock i could be sent to prison, why should people get away with this kind of disgusting behavior. Thank goodness you got out of there ok..xxx

QUOTE "On a person level i have had a traveler offer to place an axe into my head..! On that note i didn't take the money and left very quickly."

OMG - this has just reminded me why i no longer do mobile !!!!!!! Salon at home whilst hubby is more often than not in the house - much safer!!! (only work night& weekends btw)

I would have papped my self if this had happened to me.....straight down to the police station on the way home !

AMB x

OMG!!! :eek: :eek:

Fair play to all you Mobies!
No I dont mean it like that as I say its a one-off but its still shocking!

And I wouldnt feel offended if I was asked for money upfront if I was asked professionally - I dont wanna ruin that paint job do I? ( N free solar oil! when r ya free next?)

vicky said:

Good God!

I think Ruth's suggestion was excellent, great advice about bringing a little helper along. But living where I live (Dublin - surrounded by legal and illegal Traveller camps), I personally wouldn't go into an area if I know there has been trouble with people not paying for services received. Having said that, I refuse point blank to go mobile so I'm never faced with this predicament. As someone pointed out, there is a vast difference between Romanies and Travellers (or 'Knackers', as they're so quaintly called here) and I'm damn sure I wouldn't go into a Kancker Camp, settled or not, for a measly £40 or so quid! I know I might sound like I'm painting them all with the same brush, but the stories I have heard from Sean about the way they have been abused and attacked when trying to help the Knackers (2 ambulance guys held hostage whilst trying to help a female traveller giving birth, is just one!) is enough to put me off.

I'm sure I read on here a good while ago about one salon doing a 'travellers' nails and at the end of the service she made some excuse about getting her purse - and then did a runner! Something like that.

I'm not sure how the police deal with 'traveller' crimes in the UK, never had much to do with them when I lived there, but here in Ireland, the Gardai seem to be scared to death of them - they get away with murder - literally! I'm ranting, aren't I? Sorry! :o

If you really want to go , then don't go alone. I don't know how nail techs can go mobile at the best of times - I'd be scared stupid not knowing what I was walking into! Make sure you let us know you're ok if you do go to the house! :eek:

I know where I live in Norfolk we have a load of travellers the ones my daughter knows parents are all settled down have there own houses so sort of x travellers but we have many more all over the place and the police do not like to deal with them as they are scared of them!

A load came into town the other week from another town they kicked a boy racer from our town out of his car stole, his car, phone, money. His car was no good once it was found!

I only know what I hear and that is not a lot really as I was not bought up in this part Norfolk. I was a Essex Girl before I got married and after 24 years of moving all over have ended up in Norfolk! we were posted hear 8 years ago and kids were happy at schools so bought a house.

Caz xxx

JackieMc said:
Good God!

I think Ruth's suggestion was excellent, great advice about bringing a little helper along. But living where I live (Dublin - surrounded by legal and illegal Traveller camps), I personally wouldn't go into an area if I know there has been trouble with people not paying for services received. Having said that, I refuse point blank to go mobile so I'm never faced with this predicament. As someone pointed out, there is a vast difference between Romanies and Travellers (or 'Knackers', as they're so quaintly called here) and I'm damn sure I wouldn't go into a Kancker Camp, settled or not, for a measly £40 or so quid! I know I might sound like I'm painting them all with the same brush, but the stories I have heard from Sean about the way they have been abused and attacked when trying to help the Knackers (2 ambulance guys held hostage whilst trying to help a female traveller giving birth, is just one!) is enough to put me off.

I'm sure I read on here a good while ago about one salon doing a 'travellers' nails and at the end of the service she made some excuse about getting her purse - and then did a runner! Something like that.

I'm not sure how the police deal with 'traveller' crimes in the UK, never had much to do with them when I lived there, but here in Ireland, the Gardai seem to be scared to death of them - they get away with murder - literally! I'm ranting, aren't I? Sorry! :o

If you really want to go , then don't go alone. I don't know how nail techs can go mobile at the best of times - I'd be scared stupid not knowing what I was walking into! Make sure you let us know you're ok if you do go to the house! :eek:

caz3 said:
Ask for payment first just say that you do not want her to damage her nails after she has had them done looking through her purse for money.

If she did readings like a lot Gypsy's do she would have the money from you first! before she started the reading.

I am sure all will be fine.

Caz xxx

PMSL ............. Yeah, put a scarf on and say "Before I cross your nails with acrylic, you need to cross my palm with silver".

Kimmi Rocks said:
PMSL ............. Yeah, put a scarf on and say "Before I cross your nails with acrylic, you need to cross my palm with silver".

rofl...and again xxx

ok 2 days now i have bitten my tongue about this thread, i find it personally upsetting and racist half my family are gypsies and yes my sister and her family live in a caravan, i have been a member of this site from day 1 and made some truely amazing friends on here but never did i think i would read such disgusting and immature postings, this thread has gone from bad to worse as you are now turning the original post into a gypsie slagging off thread i hope you are all very proud of yourselfs the ones that have made such comments.
Whats now worse is that you seem to be making fun at the expense of a group of people that choose to live in a certain way, not our way but their way.

on a closing note: would this post make such great reading if you substitute the word gypsie/traveller for black person or pakistani :rolleyes:

I agree with the Ruth, Deb's and Caroline on this one :biggrin: It doesn't matter where someone lives whether it be a Caravan, Tent or Cave, This doesn't make them bad, Thieves or anything else. The Gypsies and Travellers have to face prejudice all the time, They try to settle and have decent schooling for their kids and a normal life, But due to peoples attitudes they have to face being moved around all the time.
I live in Cheshire and you may have heard of the Cheshire Set, They live in houses that cost millions and I have been to clients there who say can I call round with your money later I have no cash.
Yet clients on the estates (where I grew up) will pay me cash no probs and even tip me.
Think About it :|

Caroline, I apologise if my post caused you offense, it wasn't intentional. My post was based on my experiences with the Irish Travellers/Knackers (I wasn't talking about people who are called Gypsies over here - they are a completely different kettle of fish, so to speak), I'm afraid there have been no good ones (experiences, that is), and believe me, there are enough Travellers/Knackers around here for me to have been given the chance to experience both good and bad.

I've typed out a load of stuff here and then deleted it because this is considered a sensitive issue by some, and I wouldn't want to cause more offense. Please accept my apology for any offense I may have caused you - my opinion, however, has remained unchanged, and that was the point of the thread - how would we handle the same situation, based on my experiences, I wouldn't go.

crazy'n'creative said:
never did i think i would read such disgusting and immature postings, this thread has gone from bad to worse as you are now turning the original post into a gypsie slagging off thread i hope you are all very proud of yourselfs the ones that have made such comments.

on a closing note: would this post make such great reading if you substitute the word gypsie/traveller for black person or pakistani :rolleyes:

have to totally agree with everything said here ,people really should think about what they are posting.

I really don't think anyone is making fun at where ppl live..!!m This has nothing to do with it. I am frightened to death of Travelers after what happened to me and NO i wouldn't go back to that estate again after what i went through.

I understand that you can't tar everyone with the same brush BUT iv learnt the hard way and i could have lost my life through it, leaving my kids without a mum and my hubby without a wife.

So call me racist if you like just because i wouldn't go back to that place and do nails...!!
I guess we should all write nice things on here and forget our own opinions and experiences.

groovynails said:
have to totally agree with everything said here ,people really should think about what they are posting.

People are posting based on their own experiences.

No way am I making fun at anyone! I have true friends of all walks of life I said this in my post.

I Was only answering questions that had been asked I am not judging everyone, or every place in the world.

I really wish I had not even answered this post I have read other posts that have got out of hand and was so happy I had not had my say! from now on I will be very carful what I answer too or how I answer a question.

Well love I will say sorry if any of what I said caused you to feel like you are.

Caz xxx

Well said this is what I was trying to say.

There are good and bad in everyone who ever they are.

Caz xxx

plaoh said:
People are posting based on their own experiences.

I guess we should all write nice things on here and forget our own opinions and experiences.[/QUOTE]

Yes that is how I feel but at the end of the day we are not really being truthful to each other are we? which I feel is a shame because at the end of the day if I put a question on the board for you GREAT ladies to read I want you to tell me the truth else it just defeats the object in my eyes.

Have a great weekend I am off painting the 4th bedroom not too much to do now!
Caz xxx

on a closing note: would this post make such great reading if you substitute the word gypsie/traveller for black person or pakistani

I have to agree with this comment - wouldn't you all be up in arms if she had said...'they didn't sound black..'.

I have been beaten up by a black woman - does that mean all black women are violent thugs? No.

I have been burgled by Moroccans - does that mean all Moroccans are thieves? No.

Please understand that to people with Gypsy blood some of these posts could be seen as extremely offensive - I'm sure none of you meant to cause offense, but imagine if the question was about your colour, or religion, or creed - wouldn't you be a bit upset?

Just my opinion, don't want to cause a row - far too sleepy for that! :zzz:

On a lighter note, did anybody see Nigel Harman on the telly last night??? Hubba hubba - he's beauuuuutiful:Grope: :Love: !!! Stayed up til 3 watching Comic relier - it was one of the best I've seen!

CarrieW said:
I have to agree with this comment - wouldn't you all be up in arms if she had said...'they didn't sound black..'.

I have been beaten up by a black woman - does that mean all black women are violent thugs? No.

I have been burgled by Moroccans - does that mean all Moroccans are thieves? No.

Please understand that to people with Gypsy blood some of these posts could be seen as extremely offensive - I'm sure none of you meant to cause offense, but imagine if the question was about your colour, or religion, or creed - wouldn't you be a bit upset?

Just my opinion, don't want to cause a row - far too sleepy for that! :zzz:

On a lighter note, did anybody see Nigel Harman on the telly last night??? Hubba hubba - he's beauuuuutiful:Grope: :Love: !!! Stayed up til 3 watching Comic relier - it was one of the best I've seen!

I agree with this but then no-one said that all gypsys threaten you with a axe, it was her experience and it would put me off too, i agree that we need to be thoughtful with our posts and my partners family have gypsy in the blood (so my kids do to) so yes i think some posts could have been worded a little better, but i don't believe anyone has knowling tried to insult or upset anybody.

Maybe this thread should be locked as to prevent it upsetting more people, i for one am truly sorry if anyone has been hurt or upset by this thread. xxx

crazy'n'creative said:
ok 2 days now i have bitten my tongue about this thread, i find it personally upsetting and racist half my family are gypsies and yes my sister and her family live in a caravan, i have been a member of this site from day 1 and made some truely amazing friends on here but never did i think i would read such disgusting and immature postings, this thread has gone from bad to worse as you are now turning the original post into a gypsie slagging off thread i hope you are all very proud of yourselfs the ones that have made such comments.
Whats now worse is that you seem to be making fun at the expense of a group of people that choose to live in a certain way, not our way but their way.

Well said, Caroline, i too have been taken a little aback with this thread although i do not feel it was an intentionaol insult!!!!!!!!!....................................
anyway lets get back to some proffesionalism and i would say if i was painting any clients nails i would ask them to pay first, this way they will deffo not ruin their nails, clients usually are not offended in anyway with this as it is really more beneficial for them!!!!!!!!!

Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back