Girls Night Out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, its all happening with these girls nights hey??

I've been asked to do 2 Pamper Yourself nights & also 1 & 1/2 talk/demo to a bunch of 12-16 year old girls in a Rangers meeting.

I'm fien about the pampering ones but any body got any sugestiosn for the teenagers?? I was going to do a couple of things, 1, basic dos & don't with nails, & teach thwm a very basic mini mani that they can do themselves. Also I thought about doing a knid of 'Master Class' for nail art? any other suggestiosn??

Tracysnails

Reaction score
I have been asked to help out at a 'Girls Night Out' for a local church. It is an event which which people have asked for and the local church has agreed to organise it. They want me to perform a basic manicure, taking only a few minutes. I am thinking shaping and varnish as I don't think I'll have time to do anything else. Also they have asked me to bring along as much retail as possible because it is for a mothers group they don't have time to go to town to shop. The organiser wants me to bring leaflets of my services and I can charge £1 to £2 per manicure and keep what I make, also there is the retail profit ;) There will also be another nail tech there but the organiser says it nails the ladies have all asked for so they think they'll be enough clients for both of us.

What I'd like to know is:
1) Has anyone done this before and did you gain many clients
2) How do I attract the clients to me and not the other tech
3) What should I retail
4) I thought of using cheap files and giving them to the clients to take away, is this a good idea
5) They want my stall to look as pretty as possible - what can I do to smarten up an old wooden table
6) I do acrylic nails, how can I promote these as I won't have time to do a sample nail

Many thanks, its just I've never been asked about this before and I want to get it right to gain my clients is possible. Sorry for all the questions :!:

I've done similar things, ie, holding stalls at fetes etc, which promotes your business a bit. Make sure you place business cards and/or leaflets on the table, this way people will be able to see what other services you do and will be able to contact you. Dont overcrowd your table, just place the basic stuff you need; an overcrowded table looks untidy and unprofessional. Giving away free samples ie nail files may be a good idea, you could also maybe produce a leaflet to give away which tells people how to maintain their hands and nails.

As for the acrylic nails...do your own nails, this will promote your talent etc, and everyone knwons that doing your own nails promotes your ability and business ;)

xxlaylaxx

Hi Tracy, I did this for a 20th anniversary party our shop had. I had only been there since May and it was set for July. I was in the market for new clients, so what I did was set up a table, with a pretty tablecloth, set out flyers telling them in detail the services I offered, I had made gift baskets varying from $10 to $50. I also had individual products for sale at retail price. I did inlist the help of a friend to assist with the retail items, fill out gift certificates and take orders for different gift baskets.
As for the manicures, I did a quick consult, removed old polish, shaped and did a quick hand massage ,explaining that with the Spa manicure you get a more thorough massage, polished , applied a quick dry topcoat and asked if they would like to make an appointment for a followup. I had a very prosperous day and met some great ladies. I only charged $5 for the manis and had 15 to book for various services. I think this was a super way to gain clients and it really helped to have a friend there with you to help out so you can talk to the lady you are servicing without having to stop so many times to answer questions from browsers. Another thing you might try is to apply different products (acrylic, gel etc) to some nail tips, glue them on stcks and put them in a pretty flowerpot. They can see what the product will look like.
Sorry so long! Let me know if I can help further!!

I`m amazed at how much I learn from this board every day.
Yet again I`m something else wrong!!!!!!!
I`ve done these things often, my friends and I started doing beauty evenings a few years ago offering mini facials, manicures, pedicures etc but all our money goes to charity and we don`t take any money from it at all. The lady who whose house we do it in organises that side of it.
We do pick up new clients from it and it is popular but we have always donated our services

Hi Debs

Sorry to be thick but I don't understand your post :huh:

I`m amazed at how much I learn from this board every day.
Yet again I`m something else wrong!!!!!!!

Do you mean in not earning any money? I will earn a little bit but because of having a stall I will give a donation of my money to the church for asking me. The mean reason I want to do it is to gain more clients.

Take no notice of me Tracy, just having a winge really. I did mean everyone seems to earn a bit from it except me but picking up clients and having a great night in should be no reason to complain

Many thanks for your input girls

produce a leaflet to give away which tells people how to maintain their hands and nails.

I hadn't thought of that but today I'm going to design something. It would give them a little something to take away to think of me!!! lol.

Ange - I have roped my sister in law to come along and help with the retail side. Also she is a big time nail biter so I am trying to talk her into letting me put extensions on one hand only so people can see the difference. Can I ask what you put in the baskets you sold as I'm struggling with that side? Retail isn't a big thing for me but as the organiser wants lots of retail I'm of to the wholesalers tomorrow and could do with a few ideas.

Thanks again you two :thumbsup:

PS - I don't think I'll earn any money from the manicures by the time I've allowed for my products and given a donation. The organiser has said it is not a fund raiser but just an event to give the mothers a night out.

wow what a wonderful opportunity for you :D I wish someone would ask me to do something like that lol maybe i need to attend church a little more than i do :oops:

I make up little maintenance and pamper packs and they sell as soon as i put them on my table, i have a few different ones.

In one i put a bottle of cuticle oil a soft buffer and non acetone nail polish remover.

In the other one i put cuticle oil a 3 way buffer and a small jar of scented body butter.

My clients just love them and i always put them in a nice pretty little present bag and i have them all in differnt shades of pink.

But also for the night it might be a good idea to put in a little voucher for say $5 off a full set of enhancements, and its only $5 but think of the repeat business from infills if these ladies decide to give them a try who have never thought of them before.

Doing one of your sister in laws hands is a brilliant idea!!

good luck on the night !

Kerrie :)

Wow, I never thought of these things before! I might have to give it a try! :D

However, the guilt of not going to Church has just struck me, and if it was open now I would go, but it's not. :(

The gift bags are a brilliant idea, I am just setting up this weekend in a Tanning Shop, so these as promotional offers would be a good idea.

Thanks.

I agree with Kerrie doing one of your sister in laws hands would be a fab idea (before and after)

Take care Dawnie

Thanks for all the lovely replies :D

$5 off a full set of enhancements, and its only $5 but think of the repeat business from infills

I do offer £5 off already - great minds eh? For every first client I give them £5 off because my business is still fairly new and there is a couple of other local techs I compete with and so far once they recieved the £5 off they normally come back.

I think I'm ging to make up a few retail bags and sell them along with the single products. Thanks for the idea.

I am really exicted about it now having been given all these ideas and its still a week away! Now just to convince my sister in law into the one hand thing ;) !

Great idea about the sis-in-law! As for the basket, you can put in anything that you retail. You could make specialty baskets like one with a pretty nail file, lotion, and a polish, topcoat and quick dry spray. Or do a pedi basket with a foot file, small bottle of foot soak, toe seperators and polish. You are only limited by your imagination! Make sure that you put them in pretty baskets or the clear gift bags work great! Add a little colored Easter grass, a pretty bow and you are set! GOOD LUCK!

I have only been in my shop for a month and I hadn`t thought of doing anything like that for retail, they are great ideas girls, if you have any more please let me know

The table decoration, I would put a tablecloth over it, then scrunch up some crystal organza or even dress netting, place some boxes underneath in various heights and arrange products over it. I`m really excited for you now. Your off to a good start, good luck

What is Crystal Organza and Easter Grass? :oops:

Crystal organza is a stiff shiny fabric that is great in gift baskets. Easter grass is the colored plastic "grass" that you stuff your kids Easter baskets with to keep the eggs from breaking....ok, why am I laughing? :D

Ange in 'Bama said:
Crystal organza is a stiff shiny fabric that is great in gift baskets. Easter grass is the colored plastic "grass" that you stuff your kids Easter baskets with to keep the eggs from breaking....ok, why am I laughing? :D

Your laughing Ange because we KNOW NUUUTHING!! Easter is big here on chocolate but when it comes to all that 'making baskets and stuff' - we're NOT really good at that!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yay I'm a teenager, I'll tell yah what we like! LOL!!

Nail art will be fab idea, teaching or showing them basic patterns etc might help inspire them. Also, basic manicures and telling them how to maintain them. You may also want to include feet (if you do feet), seeing as summer is coming and feet will be out in the open ;) Also tips and advice with basic hand and nail upkeep, polishing etc. You too could produce this information in a leaflet or something, so they can take it away to browse over.

This would appeal to me anyway...then again..Im a teenager obsessed with nails :p

xxlaylaxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back