Give a little thanks thread

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jen889

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I thought it might be nice to have a thread about what we are thankful to SalonGeek for. In light of all the negativity around here nowadays towards this site, i thought this would be a great way to let the newbies (and to remind ourselves) know how helpful and amazing this site is.

I'm thankful for finding this site almost three years ago. it has taught me A LOT, and i should really be saying TONS! I thought i knew what i was doing before i joined and it just opened up my eyes. I'm incredibly knowledgeable now, my clients are always impressed on how much i know and i various subjects such as hair extensions. OK so i'm beauty but i do like to go look up info on the hair-styling side :p

Because of this site i realized my passion is nails. I've discovered brands like Eve Taylor, Environ skincare, Gelish, Brisa lite, Megamix (although couldn't order it :(), Dashing Diva, Minx. I've discovered Doug Schoon and his wealth of knowledge. Honestly there's SO much more but it's just too much to write out :p

Nowadays i pick through the threads and although not the same quality, i'm still learning new things and i feel like it's my "duty" to give back the knowledge i learnt here. I answer newbie threads all the time even if its subjects I've replied to or read a million times before.

So a giant THANK YOU SG for all the knowledge, and laughs, I've shared with you. I look forward to being a contributing member for years :)

What are you SG thankful for?

P.S I know some are hard on this site and S2 in general but i browsed through the S2 site and you guys have no idea how lucky you are!! You have access to amazing CND training and products i've never even heard of or are not even available here in Canada.

I agree theres much to be thankful for in the way of knowledge advice and guidance

But working on my own as i do, the thing that means most to me is having people to chew things over with, whether its a difficult client, a new idea or a personal issue

Its like having lots of colleagues at hand and i lnow i would feel very alone without SG x

I could go on and on but one little simple thing I can thank Salon Geek for is the discovery of cuticle away. I love it.

I've also been reading about nail fresh so looking forward to trying that too.

I also enjoy the chit chat side I find that there is a lot of like minded people probably because we have things in common.

There is a lot of very kind geeks on here and I'm glad to know them.

Salon geek is the first forum I discovered and its the only one for me :) xxx

I'm thankful for my best friends baby who arrived this morning and with whom I spent this evening snuggling...he is the most beautiful perfect little man (farted a bit but he's adorable so I don't mind!!)

I'm thankful for this site as without it, I wouldn't be doing what I'm doing today. I have the best job in the world and couldn't be happier in my professional life.

I'm thankful for wonderful sweet Geeks like MollyB who always make me smile with how genuine, down to earth and lovely they are.

I'm also thankful for Geeks like Rinn..unreal amount of knowledge and who contribute to this community in a positive & constructive way.

I'm thankful to this site for helping me back when I was a newbie and to this day still. I'm thankful for SG keeping me company in to the wee small hours, for also keeping me up in the wee small hours ;)

I wanted a skill that could earn me money. This site helped me achieve that and god did I get so much more than just that :)

I have made friends with lots of fantastic geeks thanks to this site. Some I've met, some I talk to daily, some I've never met, but feel like I have.

I'm thankful for everyone who has helped me and continue to do so.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Although I'm fairly new here (well I posted a couple of times about an issue with my toenail over a year ago, but only recently regularly posted) I'm thankful for a community that seems to accept me as a male, something that the beauty community as a whole doesn't necessarily always go.

Thanks guys.

Well let's see, I'm thankful for salon Geek, when I moved two years ago, I knew no one and I could come in here and be in a salon! Loved it. Left for awhile and now I'm back. When I'm in the dumps , I turn here and my life seems great! It's a great attitude adjustment. I'm serious not being sarcastic at all😇

I thank salon geek for helping me when I started my bio sculpture nails, I passed but had a few issues which I really would not have resolved without the kind help and patience of my fellow geeks.
I asked questions which had no doubt been asked a thousand times but was given great advice by lovely geeks wanting to help me.
I also don't work ATM due to having ME so it's nice to pop on and join in with the chat and nail forums.
I have made some great friends on here and hopefully one day will meet a couple.
Thanks Salon geek 💗💕💗

I don't think there is enough room in one post to thank everyone who has helped and inspired me over the years on here :)

This site has been the best resource possible in helping me throughout my career in the Nail Industry.
As some Geeks have already said it is available and welcoming at any hour of the day or night, and keeps you up to date with new products, techniques and friends.
I have made some great friends over the years on here, some I see regularly, some now and again and some I will probably never meet, but still benefit from and enjoy their friendship.
I will always be thankful for everything SG has done for me and my business over the years.

I'm very thankful to sg. When I first started massage I came on and searched for any extra information I could get. Then I added nails to my treatment list and have been inspired by so many geeks. Most of my questions are answered when I search but any questions I have asked I have had good informative answers. I haven't made friends as such on here as am more of a reader but I do find people so lovely. Happy feet, Molly, squidgernetball, therealmrsgrey, and loads more people have all helped me. I come on here far too much now :)

I love SG!

I don't think I would be still in a profession I love if it wasn't for salon geek. There is so much helpful information on here and so many lovely people. I've had the privilege to get advice from so many people. When I would have crappy weeks I would just come on and see how well everyone was doing and it would push me.

People don't realise how much information they can gain from this site and use it to the best of their ability. It's such a massive tool!

I also love SG ...A free site where you can pick the brains of many industry legends like Geeg and Mum!
Many geeks , myself included have learned so much on here ...so thanks to everyone who continue to post in a positive, encouraging and constructive way .

Latest posts

Back