Giving a talk to teenage girls this afternoon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fifi La Fume

Reaction score
Hi - I offered to go and talk to the girls youth group this afternoon at 4.30 for a hour about skincare and making your own masks etc at home.

I was going to start with how to remove make up, how to cleanse. Then how to give yourself a facial at home using natural ingredients. Please have a look and let me know what you think I should change/add etc

So for the masks I was going to show them how to make:

Banana Mask for Oily Skin

This is a soothing face mask and great if you have bananas around the house.
Ingredients:
1 banana, preferably ripe (you can keep ripe bananas in the freezer. Let it thaw before using)
1 tbsp honey
An orange or a lemon
Preparation:
Mix the banana and honey together.
Add a few drops of juice from an orange or a lemon.
Apply to face for 15 minutes before rinsing with a cool washcloth or a warm washcloth.

Avocado Face Mask for Dry Skin

Ingredients:
½ avocado
¼ cup honey
Preparation:
A classic recipe for dry skin. Mash the avocado in a bowl, then stir in honey.
Apply to skin and leave for 10 minutes.
Rinse face with a cool washcloth

Yogurt Face Mask

Ingredients:
The following Yogurt face mask is suitable for all skin types, especially dry or sunburnt skin. You will need:
1 tbsp of natural yogurt, left to reach room temperature
1 tsp of runny honey

Then a body scrub...

Strawberry Body Scrub
8-10 Strawberries
2 table spoons light olive oil
1 teaspoon of sea salt or sugar

Blend together into a paste
Rub onto body in shower – not face – then rinse of.

Then a few hints and tips

Honey Blemish treatment
Honey is great for drawing out impurities. It also contains a large amount of potassium, giving it antibacterial properties. For serious cases, try a complete facial mask of pure honey, rather than just a spot treatment.

Soak a cotton ball in warm salt water; press on the blemish for three minutes to help dissolve the top.
Dab a bit of honey on the affected area to deep-clean the pore and draw out any bacteria. Let sit for ten to 15 minutes.
Clean the face with normal cleanser; then rinse the skin well with warm water, then cool water.

Some Cleansers - got these from a fab article I found on the internet, need to change the measurements

Nonsoap Cleanser
This is a good all-purpose cleanser for use over the entire body. It helps loosen any surface impurities from the pores while cleaning the skin.

Ingredients:
2 tbsp. oatmeal
1 tbsp. honey
1 egg white

Directions:
Stir the ingredients together and pour the mixture into a clean container. Pour a small amount into your hand and massage the skin for a few minutes. Rinse well with warm (not hot) water and pat the skin dry. Refrigerate any leftover cleanser and discard after a week.

Clear Skin Cleanser
Keep a small jar of this mixture next to the bathroom sink. It helps to dislodge embedded dirt and oil that can turn into blemishes. Keeping the skin clean and flee of excess oil is important in preventing breakouts.

Ingredients:
1/4 cup grated mild soap (I use Castile soap)
1/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup oatmeal

Directions:
Mix the ingredients together and pour into a clean container with a tight-fitting lid. Scoop out a small amount and mix together with water to form a smooth paste. Massage the cleanser into the face and neck; then rinse well with warm water, followed by cool water. Pat the skin dry and follow with a toner.

What a great idea

Just remember though...teenagers concentration span is not good....if an adult can sit still for just 20min listening I wonder what a teenagers is:lol:

How about taking some cotton wool and makeup remover, mirrors etc and getting them involved......ask them what ingredients they like during the talk and explain how to make those masks too.

Or get one or two out and demonstate.....put chairs in a circle...more friendly.....
Have a great night

Thanks Teresa - That's what I'm doing, they're making the masks - I do the demo then they make the right mask for their skin, I'll only be talking for 5 mins, then do the rest of the talking while we make things.

You are very brave taking on all those teenage girls, lol.

You could perhaps demo a mask on a volunteer so that the girls are watching the demo whilst you are talking. They will probably all be gagging to be the guinea pig and intrigued when their mate gets banana on her face. Sounds like fun.

Good luck. Please do let us know how it goes.

It went really well, I set up the table with all our ingredients and bowls, we talked about skincare and how to cleanse your skin.

I asked who wants to make a mask, they all made one, then I put them on - they had a great laugh taking pictures of the avocado and strawberry masks on each other.

They were a lovely lovely bunch and I'm going back in a few weeks to do manis and pedis...

Latest posts

Back