Giving pamper party host a gift

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaye101

Reaction score
Hi just wondered what you think about giving a host of a pamper party (say 5 people) a gift like a money off voucher for a treatment, a bottle of wine or chocolates ??

Do you think any 1 or 2 or all !!

don't want to undercut myself but think it's a good insentive for them to get in clients.

It would save petrol and travelling time if they were in the one place :)

Any feed back would be muchly appreciated

Thanx kaye x

I'm currently subscribed to a similar thread.
http://www.salongeek.com/skin-geek/66424-pamper-night-pricing.html

I personally don't give anything free to the hostess of a pamper party. Maybe a few product samples etc, but I do always make it clear that they're getting a special price for their treatments. I can do that precisely because it does cost me less to do several clients all in one go!

The only time I give freebies is for a spray tanning party... again these make me more money and take much less time to do, so I usually say that if the hostess can muster 5 paying clients (they get a small discount too) she can have a spray for free. It costs me hardly anything to do it, seeing as I'm already there and all set up, and encourages her to invite loads of people! Pamper parties take too long and cost too much money to do to be giving treatments away!xxx

Yeah... i will be doing spray tan parties soon just need a little more practice on friends and family first and had seen on here that peaple offer the host a free tan...it's a good idea !!

I might offer the voucher though as it might encourage the client to come to me for treatments...even if it's £5 off

kaye x

hi Kaye,

I sometimes get another therapist to join me so that we share the workload, it means the clients can choose 2 treatments rather than just one.

I used to charge £25 per person, and divide the money down the middle.

I know charge £18 per treatment.

One of my colleagues liked to give a discount to the hostess, so she would get her treatment for free, but I only agreed to do that with her.

What I sometimes do, is do a demo of a treatment ON the hostess.

Hi Kaye,

For our Pamper Parties we charge £30 per person & they get to choose 2 treatments from the following list.
*Head Massage
*Mini Facial
*Hand & Arm Massage
*Paraffin Wax Hand or Foot Treatment
*Mini Manicure
*Mini Pedicure
*Foot & Leg Massage
*Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage

Depending on what they have, the time spent on each individual varies as does the total time spent doing the party. We stipulate that it's a minimum of 4 people in our own town & 6 for further afield. Parties are always done with one of my other therapists, sometimes 2.

To encourage more people on the night we offer an incentive for the host to get 8 guests. If she does, her treatments are free, saving her £30. Some of you might be thinking 'Oh my God! I can't possibly let that much go'. However if 8 book that's £240 as opposed to say just 5 guests & £150.

If you're only going to be doing 5 people though, instead of discounting the party, I'd offer her a £5 voucher towards her next appointment with you. If she doesn't use it, it hasn't cost you anything but she will still appreciate the gesture.

Something else we do at a local party is a raffle for all the guests. These are just nominal prizes like 20% off their 1st appointment, 1/2 price X when they book Y etc... This works really well at getting new clients through the door. All our hostesses get a gift, be it a voucher or some toiletries, the value determined by how many guests they have had.

I think its great that you all have your business hats on BUT
stop for a moment and put your customer care hat on.
Your hostess has laid on nibbles probably bubbly its her home she's going to clear up the mess and she's booked you and paid you.
So yes the business head says give a money of voucher
but your customer care head should be giving her a bottle of wine or box of chocs as your thank you to her for putting the work your way.
What are you talking here? £5 it won't break the bank will it and if you've done it right you've probably made a fair bit on your retail products as well as the treatments.
Oh and by the way my money of voucher or free treatment for a later date would be dependent on how many parties were booked at this one on the night.
Plus a different incentive for referrals for treatments as well as parties, after the night.
Good luck hun and don't forget to have fun, remember its a ladies night and part of that is having a giggle.

To be honest I dont really think you have to give the host anything. Just my opinion and from experiece. We work so hard and on top of it we are always trying to give away treatments or spend so much money.

I work in an office part-time and I dont give my Manager chocolates when I go to work!

Be a scrooge, but dont skimp on products or cut corners!

Thanks for having me would be enough!

Hi Kaye,

For our Pamper Parties we charge £30 per person & they get to choose 2 treatments from the following list.
*Head Massage
*Mini Facial
*Hand & Arm Massage
*Paraffin Wax Hand or Foot Treatment
*Mini Manicure
*Mini Pedicure
*Foot & Leg Massage
*Back, Neck & Shoulder Massage

That's a bit more like it! I can't believe guests at a pamper party get charged so much more for their treatments than they would usually! Especially if it's the hostess is providing the drinks and nibbles!

I do a mini manicure and BNS in 60 mins, and I would noramlly charge £15 for the massage and £10 for the manicure. I'd be happy to charge the same at a pamper party. So why do some companies charge double that!? Isn't that just exploiting the clients? Imagine the scene...it's your best friends hen party so naturally you want to be there and join in the fun, only to have to shell out £25 for a 30 minute manicure! I just all seems a bit unfair to me :irked:

They are a great way of 'networking', as I've said I do get almost everyone at the party to book another treatment.

The raffle is a great idea! An extra little something for the guests... I hope you don't mind if I pinch your idea!!? :)

As for giving the hostess a 'thank you present', I'm afraid I disagree. IMO, I am a professional carrying out a service which the hostess has booked me to provide. It might be different if I had asked her to do it for me as a favour to try and promote my services? I'm all for making the hostess feel special as it is her party, so I usually do her a bag of samples and maybe a small discount off her next treatment. Again, the demo treatment is another great idea! But no, I don't buy them anything.

Latest posts

Back