Giving receipts for treatments??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllaX

Reaction score
Do any of you do this - last night I was asked for a receipt for a treatment, I've never been asked before and luckily this lady only lives round the corner, so dashed home - made one out on the computer and popped it back round?

Anybody else ever been asked? I've printed a few outnow just incase? xx

Only been asked about 5 times in the 14 years I have been offering treatments.

i carry a standard reciept book with me incase a client wants a reciept, although it isnt very often! i was asked for one the other thou!

I always provide a receipt, I believe that is the law now. I buy a little receipt book from my local store includes copy paper, so I have a copy for myself. I write the date and service and stamp paid with thanks. All clients take the receipts.

i carry a standard reciept book with me incase a client wants a reciept, although it isnt very often! i was asked for one the other thou!

I do the same, not very often get asked for them. However I always give them for any retail purchased.

You need to write them for the tax man anyway! I always write them :hug:

You need to write them for the tax man anyway! I always write them :hug:

I don't, never have, just write how much I take every week.
If I wrote a receipt for every customer, some weeks I would have 100 receipts.

SHe might be able to claim against her tax for the treatment. Just carry a small recipt book with duplicate pages. You didn't need to type it out. I don't know if they still do them but they used to sell a calculator with a till roll on the end if you wanted to print out or add up to keep. That would be handy as you could then staple your biz card to it. What a mare letting you go home and type one out though!!!

You can buy 'treatment pads' in Salon services / Sally and I just circle the treatment that they've had and put in the price and sign it.
I use them for each client, but normally keep them in my cash box and total them all up at the end of the day . It lets me know how many of each treatment I've done (although I've got all that in my appoinment book too.......) and also I can scribble on it things like 'redeemend voucher Number / retail purchase / etc etc
Very handy and versatile .........!:lol:

I don't, never have, just write how much I take every week.
If I wrote a receipt for every customer, some weeks I would have 100 receipts.

You use a receipt book to keep them in and tear off the duplicate copy. You can get them in Rymans. If it is a cash in hand business then you need to make sure you have records for them to check if they decide to invesitgate your business. They will want to know every tiny detail if you get investigated and they will get you to prove you don't owe them more money.

This is an extract taken from the HM Revenue and Customs website:
HM Revenue & Customs: Self Assessment: Self Employed

What records should I keep?

Until recently there was no legal requirement to keep records for income tax, although Customs & Excise require registered traders to keep records for VAT. However, we have always advised businesses that it was in their own interests to keep all the records needed to help prepare accounts and tax returns. Rules introduced in the 1994 Finance Act mean that you now need to keep all appropriate records.

We will normally expect you to:

record all sales and other business receipts as they come in, and retain the record
keep back-up records, for example, invoices, bank statements and paying-in slips to show where the income came from
record all purchases and other expenses as they arise, and ensure - unless the amounts are very small - that you have, and retain, invoices for them
keep a record of all purchases and sales of assets used in your business
record all amounts taken out of the business bank account, or in cash, for you or your family's personal use
record all amounts paid into the business from personal funds, for example, the proceeds of a life assurance policy.
You will have to retain your records for five years from the latest date by which your tax return is to be filed.

ooh some useful reading in this thread!! thanx for this xx

I was thinking about this the other day, whether you would get asked or not.

I'm going to buy a standard receipt book and keep it with me just incase.

After reading this thread I have been and bought a small receipt book. As much as anything it's for my own benefit for book keeping.

Great thread.

Latest posts

Back