Giving up nails for holistic beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireyfairy

Reaction score
Hi slightly random post but has anyone moved from nails to the more holistic side of beauty? I mainly do shellac at the mo and to be honest I've started to think that I actually don't really enjoy it that much, I love doing facial (but can't at the mo due to my set up) and enjoy pedis just not really the polishing side. Anyone else felt like this and moved across? I only work very part time at mo as my children are small but long term I would like to make an average living from my job, is this possible in more holistic treatments? X

Cheeky bump [emoji51]x

Why can't you do both? I offer Swedish, aromatherapy and hot stones massages, facials, spray tans, eyebrow shaping, manicure pedicure and Shellac. My clients come to me for all different treatments not just one or the other :)

Thanks for your reply, Its just I don't really enjoy nails as much and think I would enjoy a more holistic therapy type business.... I do all treatments except for massage at the mo just wondering out loud if I'm more suited to a different route, massage,reflexology that sort of thing x

You can do both. I mainly do massages and facials, but I also offer nails as it's a nice way of giving my body and hands a well needed break. (Massage is very taxing especially if you're doing it all day!) I'm more known for my massage which is nice but during the summer and Christmas I get a little influx of new clients who just want nail treatments.
You can also put a holistic spin on some of your nail treatments ...I do a lie down pedicure which is popular. I turn the lights right down and most people fall asleep! x

Personally I need a mix of treatments to maintain my sanity and to stop back ache!

I like the mix but a lady i work with made the switch to just holistics. She only does 1 day at the salon but is busy and much happier.

She offers lava shell massage, reflexology, hopi ear candling and eft. This is not taxing on het body and she really enjoys it xx

I like the mix of treatments too, also think of the lost revenue if you were to completely stop doing it. But at the same time, although your not enjoying it that much, do you do that much that you need to keep buying products? I guess what I'm asking is it financially viable for you to keep offering it, or if you wind it down could you potentially save money?

Worth keeping the balance of filling your week with a range of treatments because massage is very physically demanding. That said, your business would still be viable without nails because lots of holistic professionals don't do nails at all.

It depends how many hours you want to work, how wide you want to cast your net for clients and what you're comfortable doing.

Thank you ladies! Lots of food for thought.... [emoji3] x

Hi slightly random post but has anyone moved from nails to the more holistic side of beauty? I mainly do shellac at the mo and to be honest I've started to think that I actually don't really enjoy it that much, I love doing facial (but can't at the mo due to my set up) and enjoy pedis just not really the polishing side. Anyone else felt like this and moved across? I only work very part time at mo as my children are small but long term I would like to make an average living from my job, is this possible in more holistic treatments? X
I feel the same I am not really enjoying painting hand nails but really love doing spa treatments on feet and very strange but I actually don't mind painting toe nails . Lol [emoji23]

I'm the opposite. I've recently introduced other treatments but really love working with acrylic. I'd be happy doing that every single appointment

I'm the opposite. I've recently introduced other treatments but really love working with acrylic. I'd be happy doing that every single appointment
It just about finding you're comfort zone . I felt like giving up nails because I got so nervous painting hand nails . I suppose I just want them perfect so put pressure on myself . But I realised l love spa treatments on feet so I just push doing this . I still paint hand nails but not over advertised . I have a few nail technician friends who hate and refuse to do pedicures so I have a market for it [emoji4]

Whatever gives you what you want in the working day and works ergonomically and financially.

I recently went the other way. I've given up facials and massage to focus more on the beauty side. I didn't enjoy doing them, enjoying it so much more now offering treatments I'm passionate about (nails and lashes) xx

I recently went the other way. I've given up facials and massage to focus more on the beauty side. I didn't enjoy doing them, enjoying it so much more now offering treatments I'm passionate about (nails and lashes) xx
Are facials popular?

Latest posts

Back