Giving up on my salon, advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've flicked in and out of this, they're employed right?

Can you imagine if you're unloading your shopping trolley and the checkout assistant got up and said that they were off, because they can't work past a particular time.

It wouldn't happen. It shouldn't happen just because you're not there!

I hope that your staff are on this forum and are highly embarrassed by being so unprofessional! X

why haven't you safeguarded yourself in terms of cctv? Have you got a employee handbook/policy. I think you been completely walked over and you need to be tough. Many people make these mistakes, sometimes you think oh you'll be their friend when you are their boss! Time to catch up on some empowering tabitha get your mojo back! highly recommend it!

In the meantime list out realistic goals of what you want to do, and if your heart is in it or not. Good luck xoxo
I've got CCTV from day one. They all knew about it but 2 staff members still stole together as a team. Hence being told to leave. They stole both money and products.

Yes I also have a handbook which every staff member has. When I'm in everyone does what they are ment to do and its great its just when I'm not in it goes to pot, but I obv can't be in all the time.

I interviewed two managers today. One 1 REALLY liked. :)

My heart is still in it. I just need a break and a manager I think. Lol

I'm pleased you're seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. I can't believe what I've just read!

Good luck with your interviews. Let is know how you get on

You can do this.... You have us all to turn too when you have times like this! Xx

I agree with a lot of what Wonderwoman has to say...
I've been a salon owner for over 25 years, and it can be a very difficult industry!
Establishing your expectations, your salon's mission statement can be created as a group. Empower your staff to be part of your branding ideas. This creates a sense of ownership. Everyone wants to be part of something... A Family, A Tribe of like minded individuals.
Give your staff a reason to follow you!

Yours In Service,
Kathleen

So I did a few interviews found the perfect person. So I thought.. Offered them the job they accepted, we were ment to meet today to go through everything before I introduce them to the team and this morning they tell me they actually they can't take the job as will be moving soon! Urgh!!!

There is some really good advice here! ..it has been said several times already but it is not ok for staff to dictate their own hours!!! Never, Never, Never.
You may think you have to accept it as you need that member of staff but you will send a big message to all the other staff that it is ok to mess you around, work what hours they want and not give a stuff. Instead of 1 unreliable member of staff you will end up with 5..and your business really doesn't need that!!

Good luck finding a new manager!

Latest posts

Back