Glad to see you know all the answers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lellipop

Lelli Loo Loo
Reaction score
I am very disappointed in the lack of support for the questions and answers weekend, Yes it was this weekend and a fab opportunity for lurkers, newbies and anyone who needed help to post there questions. We have some fab educators on this site and top techs who would have loved to help answer those questions but sadly they didnt get the chance.
Maybe we can try it again in a week or so:)

If it's any consolation Lell..........I started a thread this morning to do with nail techs and didn't get one reply, so I've deleted it. It seems that geeks are more interested in Chit Chat.

If it's any consolation Lell..........I started a thread this morning to do with nail techs and didn't get one reply, so I've deleted it. It seems that geeks are more interested in Chit Chat.

Its sad really that a salon site is getting more about gossip than learning :irked:

Sorry Lell, not been on for so long and am just getting used to the Site again.

What is good to see though, is longstanding Geeks making a big effort to keep the site going on its usually positive line... but some people are just enjoying revelling in the gloom :irked:

Sorry Lell, not been on for so long and am just getting used to the Site again.

What is good to see though, is longstanding Geeks making a big effort to keep the site going on its usually positive line... but some people are just enjoying revelling in the gloom :irked:

wb Candace :hug:

i did try and answer a q and a thread but it seemed to be ignored slighlty too :cry:lol....(hello........ pmsl , i did answer you ...pmsl :lol:
i think lots of geeks are away or making the most of the sun...before it chucks it down again

I am sorry about not being able to ask a question,,,,,,I have been so busy this weekend I haven't had the chance to get near my puter until now.

I will note any question's I have for next time.

Please don't get dispondant with the lack of people asking things. I love coming here for information and help way more than the chat. I am struggling with lots of things because I am on my own in a tiny little village and getting lots of clients. I come here whenever I can to find things out and learn how to do things better or easier,,,,,,,,,or faster!!

One question I have just thought of........to help with my timing and reducing it,,,,,,,,,,,,,can I file my tips thinner and into shape more before each client. You know, sit with them on my lap infront of the TV filing away. Just wondering if this is allowed, It would so reduce my time!

Hmmm... I also started a thread this morning, but no answers either. Should I delete it????

C.

One question I have just thought of........to help with my timing and reducing it,,,,,,,,,,,,,can I file my tips thinner and into shape more before each client. You know, sit with them on my lap infront of the TV filing away. Just wondering if this is allowed, It would so reduce my time!
I wouldnt shape the tips but you could thin them out...
little tip for you get some good quality tips and they will blend like a dream :hug:

I only use the Creative tips which I love...........

awwww lelli, sorry hun, i would have loved to have joined in, but i had mattys party yesterday and i only logged on for 10 mins earlier on, b4 i went bk to bed as im feelin awful today,
wish id made more of an effort now hun, if you do it again in few weeks i promise ill be there , even if im on my death bed lol

keep up the good work hunny xxxxxxxx

Have to admit to being a bit disappointed, as when I logged in today I was expecting a plethora of questions to be answered!!

With all the new geeks lately I thought this was the ideal opportunity for them to stop lurking and delve in to all the knowledge and expertise available on this site.

Also it would have been a great opportunity for all the Educators who have joined this site over the last week or so to answer some technical questions.

Still I am sure once everyone gets used to the site and can negotiate around it better it will get everyones juices flowing again.

Not at all a case of knowing it all.

Lurkers aside, I think most peeps ask questions as and when problems crop up, or if they are not sure about anything. Isn't that the whole point of the site? :)

It is nice to think we don't have to wait for a special weekend to ask a question.

Is the main purpose of a Q&A weekend to encourage lurkers who have not posted before? I don't think the title particularly points to this.

And I think it's cool that people are fond of ChitChat. We tend to learn more about each other, instead of about nails, which is actually quite nice.

Not at all a case of knowing it all.

Lurkers aside, I think most peeps ask questions as and when problems crop up, or if they are not sure about anything. Isn't that the whole point of the site? :)
Yep it is but some people may feel awkward doing a post or thread and this was a opportunity for them to start
It is nice to think we don't have to wait for a special weekend to ask a question.Yep we ask questions all the time but still some never post

Is the main purpose of a Q&A weekend to encourage lurkers who have not posted before? I don't think the title particularly points to this.This was one of the reasons

And I think it's cool that people are fond of Chitchat. We tend to learn more about each other, instead of about nails, which is actually quite nice.
The site is a salon site so the chit chat should not really over take the main forums

The point was to allow people to post more questions in general rather than lots of chitchat threads yes I love the chitchat too :) But was hoping that the peeps who needed to know something and the lurkers, newbies would come out to play :hug:
I think the lovely weather may have been the reason for the site being quiet too.

Sorry to hear this Lell..... been away myself for 3 days and only got back today.

I'd have been in there otherwise!

:)

Sorry to hear this Lell..... been away myself for 3 days and only got back today.

I'd have been in there otherwise!

:)

Now worries we will do it again midweek :)

I think maybe all the nice weather kept us busy lol

I do agree though, I did think yesterday the site was very quiet.

Why not have a "Come on, post your first question" weekend or something like that, to encourage lurking geeks to join in? If I was a lurker, I don't think I'd be particularly encourage by a "Q&A weekend". If anything it kind of implies that you have to be a regularly participating geek already to join in with a special weekend. At least that is the way I would interpret it.

Its sad really that a salon site is getting more about gossip than learning :irked:

its been like this for ages lell!!!!!
any posts get buried!!
i work full time in a salon, and when i get home to check on the site and maybe help me with my day to day problems, its probably not until page 3 that i find some relevance!!!
not saying that chit chat is not allowed but the daisies keep the threads of interest up there!!!!

I did post a thread, whether it fell into the category of "questions/answers weekend", I dont know.
If it did, it was a fluke to be honest.

As many know, I have not had the time to devote to the site as usual.
Until I have managed to get my eldest in school and my youngest in preschool, the demands on my time are so many, I'm just getting by right now.

I don't feel that I know everything.
I do feel that I should contribute and answer questions where I can.
No matter what day of the week it is.

However, time being in short supply these days.. I can only do so much, and I do the best that I can.
I'm sure everyone understands this.

I'm sorry the weekend wasn't the success you had in mind.

But I'm sure it's a busy month for everyone, with weddings and such

:hug: to everyone

Latest posts

Back