Glamorous lengths help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzybob23

Reaction score
Hiya! I'm new to this so bare with me if I'm doing anything wrong lol.
I'm a salon owner and we do micro ring extensions. We always use glamorous lengths and never had a problem, until now. I ordered some extensions from them on Friday morning for a client that was coming into the salon tomorrow. When I had processed the order through PayPal, I had realised that my old address was on the delivery address, as I recently moved in the past week, so I quickly rung Glamorous Lengths but had no answer from them. So I emailed them straight away to explain I had put the wrong delivery address and if it was possible to change this? A lady from Glamorous lengths emailed me back straight away and said it was no problem and that she would change the delivery address right away for me. So I left it at that and waited for the extensions to arrive. Monday afternoon I get an email from Interlink Express to say that my extensions had been delivered and signed for, but I had no delivery from them! So I checked on the interlink express website and they had been sent to my old address! So I called interlink express and asked them why they didn't deliver to the address that Glamorous Lengths has told them to and they said they had not heard anything from Glamorous Lengths. So, I emailed Glamorous lengths again explaining what had happened, and all they could reply with was "I'm very sorry Liz but interlink express probably didn't get my note in time". So I am still left with no extensions and £150 out of pocket! So I emailed glamorous lengths explaining that they were for a client and I have now lost a client due to this and probably lost more if the client was to spread the word about what has happened! To which glamorous lengths replied with "can you not go round to your old address and try and get them? Sorry but there is nothing else we can do this end now" so I replied with, "I have tried knocking on there door several times but no answer. Baring in mind I notified you of the change of address within minutes of the order and was told that it would be okay, I'm disappointed that you have in fact not made that change. If there is something you can do to help, perhaps a reissue of the order? It would be greatly appreciated as I have now lost out on a client in the salon and maybe more now". They then replied with, "I've just rung interlink and they are sending a driver out to collect your parcel and then bring it to you".
I know this story is long winded, but I just needed a bit of advice as to where I stand. As I have lost out on a client and we can't afford to do this as we are only a small business. Should I push to try and get a reimbursement? Or is it not worth it? Or am I in the wrong? Help! Lol
Thanks
Liz

hi there

i use this company too and have never ad a problem as yet,,id defo get back onto them and kick up a fuss as you informed them of your change of address and say u want a full refund and that you have lost out on custom,id speak to the client and explain as its out of your hands am sure she wud understand

let me know how you get on x

Ultimately it is your fault for not changing your address, although you did contact them they prob have some small print to state orders must be sent to address on invoice just to cover themselves but you would think they would offer something instead of loosing a customer, you said you knocked at your old address did you not get the hair? X

Unfortunately it's your fault you made the original mistake. They can't be held responsible. I have personally never used their hair as it's awful so have no idea what their customer service is like.

It was your error in the first place, not theirs. I think it's nice of them to contact the delivery company asking him to go back to the property. Should you get a refund/reissue? No.

I think this is their responsibility. If they had said 'No we can't change the address now you have ordered' you would have been able to cancel the whole thing there and then, change your address and reorder. By saying 'That's fine, we will sort it out' they have stopped you from doing that, therefore they should have ensured they completed the action they promised they would.

If they do get the parcel to you then I think they have done all they will. If not, I'd say you are entitled to a refund.

Yes I've been knocking at the old address but no answer. A neighbour said they are on holiday apparently. So I've still not received he hair. I know it was my fault with the wrong address but if they had said to me that it wasn't possible to change the address then I would of got in contact with the delivery company. But the lady at glamorous lengths said I didn't need to do so.

Yes that's exactly my point ceecee71

Latest posts

Back