Glamour Night - help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi peeps, a local school to me is holding a Glamour Night on the 9th June and they approached me to see if i would like to take part, of course i agreed!, i am offering mini manicure and indian head massage, its only about 10-15 minutes treatment i think and there will be a list for people to put their names on if they want the treatment.

But i didnt realise how quickly its shooting round and need to start organising what i need to take with me etc as there will be other beauty therapists etc and so need to stand out from the crowd so to speak so they want to experience my treatments, im sure there was a thread on here previously about someone doing something similar but i have been on the search menu and cant find it if anyone knows what im talking about lol or can help me i would be so happy x x x

Hi kellyc! I did one of these ladies nights recently, it was fun and a great learning experience for me. I took: consultation forms (like record card things), aftercare leaflets, retail price lists & info & products (lol!), plus info sheets about each treatment, outlining the benefits etc. and a price list! I offered mini mani's and pedi's although I have to say everyone chose mani's :D . I charged a fiver for each treatment.

In hindsight, I'd probably take someone with me next time to help with booking appointments, retail, etc cos it's hard to keep on top of everyone coming in to find out what you're offering, and do a treatment at the same time (or maybe that's just me)!!! Plus I took too long on each treatment so I'd make sure I could complete the chosen treatmetn in the timescale. Also, I didn't use appointment slots I just let them turn up and sit down when I was free - someone on this site recommended that (cos if people have appts & turn up late it puts you out for everyone who follows) and it worked out well so that's another thing to think about. I'd defo do it again, (but I'd be more prepared this time!) it was great fun! Good luck & hope it goes well! xxx

I have done four ladies nights now, I always offer just shape and block colour £3.00 or £5.00 french, coz a mini mani can end up taking longer,usually set 15 min slots always busy with the french, make sure you have a quick dry spray and nail varnish remover, in case they still have some polish on. a friend came with me last time and was very busy doing eyebrow waxing.

Hi ya thanks for your replies, unfortunately i have no say in the sense that there will be a list for people to put their name on for the treatment as this is what the school wants and they have allocated a time for each person, so will have to be very strict on my timings.

I will be offering a very small goodie bag and know that i will have a file, cuticle oil etc for the manicure clients but should i give the clients who have an indian head massage the same goodie bag or something different????

I will be laying out info on each treatment etc, but am really hoping this be the turn around of having no clientele for so long, so really want to stand out form the rest x x x

For the people that responded to my thread just to want to say thanks, the Glamour night took place last night and went well, could have been better but that was due to the location of my room, but i made a nice bit of money and hopefully some new clientele from it, would definately recommend anyone to do them their great fun x

Well done hun!! Glad you enjoyed yourself and it all went well!

Tilly xx

Latest posts

Back