Glasgow or Edinburgh

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MOS14

Reaction score
Hi geeks, My best friend recently gave me a voucher for the 2 of us to go away for the weekend to the Hotel du Vin chain, my problem is can't decide between Glasgow or Edinburgh, have any of you been to either hotels. I have looked on trip advisor and Glasgow is getting better reviews but I am being swayed to Edinburgh as would really like a trip to Harvey Niks! Also any suggestions for a good salon to go to for either a facial or massage. Sorry for the rambled message! x

Come to Glasgow. The shopping is better here. Edinburgh is better for scenery if you are into that :). You could always travel though the Edinburgh for the day depending how long you are here for.

The hotel du vin is in the west end of Glasgow which is very trendy. The salon I rent a room from is there ;) haha. X

Thanks Lolly, been to Glasgow a few times shopping and love it but always feel the nightlife is a bit spread out compared to Edinburgh. Do you know what, I don't mind where we go as a night away with no kids is bliss, as much as I love them!! x

I can't really comment as I don't know Edinburgh at all! But anyone I've heard talking about shopping always say they prefer Glasgow out the two.

But if you head down to merchant city or royal exchange square there are some nice pubs there. Or again on the hotels doorstep in the west end of Glasgow on byres road. There's a lot of places in Ashton lane down there.

Glasgow for the shopping wins hands down for me every time which pains me to say as I am an Edinburgh lass born and bred. I actually love both cities, like I said Glasgow for the shopping, and the people are lovely.

Edinburgh is an amazing city for a visit, so much to see and do and everything is withing walking distance even between the old and new town.

So this is a very hard choice actually, I would have to stay true to my routes and say Edinburgh (sorry to all my lovely Glasgow pals and geeks) as Edinburgh just has the edge for me, I would say I hope that helps but I am probably just managed to confuse you even more lol

Latest posts

Back