Glass file vs 180 grit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut butter

Reaction score
Thank you all for your advice about my nails previously. I had them removed professionally and they are looking pretty nice. I oil so much, am leaving polish off (except nail strengthener,) and moisturizer. As I think I should keep my nails short until they get stronger... Now I have to file them... I’m hearing glass is where to go but I want to make sure. Glass or 180 grit to file and shape? I’m not touching surface until nails completely grow out.

Attachments

• F7858AED-CB39-4CE3-9B3E-1AE8E26F92CC.jpeg
    F7858AED-CB39-4CE3-9B3E-1AE8E26F92CC.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 48
Never a 180 on natural nail, 240 max. Glass is ok, not my preference but some love them

Never a 180 on natural nail, 240 max. Glass is ok, not my preference but some love them

Oops. Yes that’s what I meant. I have a 240 grit and was thinking of doing the glass to prevent splits. Thanks so much. Maybe I’ll get one and see how it holds up. :)

Oops. Yes that’s what I meant. I have a 240 grit and was thinking of doing the glass to prevent splits. Thanks so much. Maybe I’ll get one and see how it holds up. :)

A 240 used correctly will not cause splitting. I find glass creates too much heat, advertising will tell you that's good and sealing the nail, I say rubbish.

A 240 used correctly will not cause splitting. I find glass creates too much heat, advertising will tell you that's good and sealing the nail, I say rubbish.
Thanks. I’ll save my money then haha 😂🤣

Ideally, should one be filing nails every week or...? Lol 😆

Ideally, should one be filing nails every week or...? Lol 😆

Just file them and and when required, it doesn’t have to be a regimented routine 😆

I agree - heat isn’t a good thing for nails it can cause them to peel and dry out.

I agree - heat isn’t a good thing for nails it can cause them to peel and dry out.

Ok such a dumb question but how do you know it’s time lol 😆

Ok such a dumb question but how do you know it’s time lol 😆

When you find youself thinking 'hmmm, my nails are getting a bit long' 😆

When you find youself thinking 'hmmm, my nails are getting a bit long' 😆

LOL!!! Omg I am so overthinking this. Thanks so much. I’m laughing my butt off.

Latest posts

Back