Glass nail files?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PixieBeauty

Reaction score
Hiya,
What do you all think of retailing glass nail files? There are some beautiful ones out there and thought they might be a good retail item but don't know much about advantages/disadvantages to using on the natural nail? Xx

Ive always thought they were too rough for natutal nails (always broke my own using them) but then wonder why they sell... Curious to know the answer to this one!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

The only time I ever used a glass nail file was when applying Minx. I didn't like the way the file became 'blunt' so quickly and needed washing to revive it's grit.

I stopped using them and either use a 240 grit file or a clippers to trim the excess Minx now.

I don't think glass files are all that hygenic either (in a clinets hands I mean) as they are in and out of a handbag etc.. between use and rarely - if ever - cleaned.

They break very easily!

I use opi crystal file. I prefer it to a normal file and feel its a lot gentler on the nail. Wash it in soapy water and spray it with sanitizer spray. I've been using it on myself for about a year now and it's not worn. I have heard that glass ones will wear out but crystal ones shouldn't.

Thx so much for the replies. I'm thinking about selling them at a pamper evening to just be a quick easy purchase and they seem more appealing than a standard file would, colours etc and in a little case for handbags. I don't think I'll over hype them then just have as a pamper eve sale and offer regular files to customers iykwim.

Thanks again xx

hi I bought a retail stand of crystal files a couple of years ago and they retailed very poorly. The high retail price put people off, and it was a lot of money tied up in stock that could have been working better for the business if invested elsewhere. If you want to retail files I would recommend the scratch and sniff ones which retail at about £1 because they are fun and clients dont mind adding just £1 to the cost of their treatment so although they sell for less you will sell more of them.

I was thinking around 1-1.50 so thanks for that it's a good guide to have. I've only bought 20 so no biggie if I can't sell them I'll use them for minx or goody bags!

I can't stand the feel of them when I file my nails with them - it's horrible, makes me cringe, like when someone squeaks their nails down a blackboard!

Latest posts

Back