glitter acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzey86

Reaction score
Hi all,

Was wondering whats the best glitter acrylic to use and can i use it with nsi monomer??

thanks

thanks for that.

Would i just use it in the same way was my pink or clear acrylic??

I use the Pee Wee glitters mixed with clear powder. You can get these from www.theglittershop.co.uk.

NSI do a range of glistening powders too, these are nice and sparkly.

HTH

Rachel

I work slightly wetter with some of the glitters...apply your colour/glitter thinly and cap with clear.

Young Nails also do a huge range of coloured glitters that you can mix with your own powders to make yur own glitter acrylic.

I bought some fab colours from at the gmex on sunday, had a play, just mixed them 3:1 (3 parts powder/1 glitter) & they are stunning!

definately want to give it a try to bring some difference to enhancements. is it better to mix the glitter with some clear powder or can you use them on their own??

thanks for the help guys!!

definately want to give it a try to bring some difference to enhancements. is it better to mix the glitter with some clear powder or can you use them on their own??

EzFlow glitters are already mixed ready for use. Nail Graphix need powder to be added. hth

I mixed my Young Nails glitter with clear 3:1 (3 scoops clear:1 scoop glitter).

To my reconing making your own is cheaper than buy glitter acrylic. Other benefit is you can use powder from your preferred system along with the monomer made for that system.

I think if you buy the EzFlow boogie nights collection etc you also get a bottle of Q monomer with it.

I think if you buy the EzFlow boogie nights collection etc you also get a bottle of Q monomer with it.
i had a hard time with the Q monomer. i use boogie nights with Young Nail liquid and it works great for me. I just recieved the rainbow candy and the Carnival line from EZflow yesterday and they are REALLY pretty. i am looking into young nails glitters and colored acrylics also...

i had a hard time with the Q monomer. i use boogie nights with Young Nail liquid and it works great for me. I just recieved the rainbow candy and the Carnival line from EZflow yesterday and they are REALLY pretty. i am looking into young nails glitters and colored acrylics also...

Why did you have a hard time hun?
Yes they are really pretty btw x

Why did you have a hard time hun?
Yes they are really pretty btw x
it seemed like i couldnt get the glitter powder wet enough with it. I couldnt make a smile line too good at all. and the glitter was thick on the tips... im sure with more practice i would have been fine. i have 4 bottles here. i better be able to use it!

it seemed like i couldnt get the glitter powder wet enough with it. I couldnt make a smile line too good at all. and the glitter was thick on the tips... im sure with more practice i would have been fine. i have 4 bottles here. i better be able to use it!

Yes maybe you were working too dry...I did that at first.
Use the 4 bottles and keep practising mate. :hug:
Theres always 1-1 or the EzFlow design course if you need it (I think the design course was a 1 day course but really informative) x

The wetter ratio is a bit difficult to get into when using the Walk of Fame collection, the glitter is so dense but gives a lovely finish....... especially as we are so used to using our ratios for our pink and whites, whichever system.....wetter and thin, capped with clear on the tip build the structure of your nail with pink........

Yes maybe you were working too dry...I did that at first.
Use the 4 bottles and keep practising mate. :hug:
Theres always 1-1 or the EzFlow design course if you need it (I think the design course was a 1 day course but really informative) x
thanks for the info. i appreciate it! not sure if they offer those classes here in the states or not but im sure i can find something. thanks again. :green:

I use glitters for cosmetic purpose and mix them in seperate jars with clear acrylic. They do the same job and come in many different shades.

Which NSI liquid are you using?

NSI do a technail colour kit, which is compatible with Attraction liquid. It has a few glitter acrylics in it and they are really nice.

Latest posts

Back