Glitter addicts are us

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks really good coverage - please could I ask what method you use for Vinylux with glitter? Which glitter did you use there too?

xx

Hi Idoleyes,

Apologies for the late reply.
I do my normal layers of Vinylux and just as its getting dry around 5/6 minutes, I then lightly press in the glitter, and then finish with weekly top coat. If I don't get full coverage the first layer, then I still do a thin later of the top coat and then reapply the glitter concentrating on spots missed more than anywhere else, and then light coverage over the rest iykwim? Lol xx Sometimes you may need to mix top coat with your glitter of choice, like you were making your own polish, and then place it on, especially the larger pieces of a glitter mix. Xx

I am glitter obsessed x im new to nails x how do you mix your acryilc powder and glitter ?? I want an all over glitter effect

I am glitter obsessed x im new to nails x how do you mix your acryilc powder and glitter ?? I want an all over glitter effect

If you want full glitter nail, I usually mix 1/3rd glitter to 2/3rds clear acrylic powder. It doesn't look a lot, but when you pick up a bead it's very glittery!

Hth xx

Can anyone recommend the best stuff to use for these nails I've fallen in love with them ❤

Picture didnt upload in last post
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381063773.799809.jpg

Ah yeah! Love these!!

I did something similar with Shellac using hex glitter placement - place individual pieces of hex glitter into the tacky layer and topcoat xx

View attachment 44657

Wow they are lovely Hun & ok I was worried about getting them cz didn't wana get small sizes x x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381168470.457020.jpg

Always did love a glitter tip!

Thank you to whoever posted about the glitter packs from tkmaxx!! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381253498.197684.jpg

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1381253942.186368.jpg

Managed to get these at long last. Martha Stewart Glitters are lovely!! x

I can have a look in my 2 local TK Maxx on the weekend see if they still got any of the glitters if anyone's interested?? X

I can have a look in my 2 local TK Maxx on the weekend see if they still got any of the glitters if anyone's interested?? X

Yes I definitely would!!! :)

Aw glad you got some. People have mailed me saying there local TKmaxx didn't have any :( we're the lucky ones such a great find! Xx

I got the last packet of these! There was also some different ones with tinsel glitter in which were £12.99 but not as nice as the ones I got! Will keep my eye out for anymore! They've gone down a storm on my Facebook page!!

I got the last packet of these! There was also some different ones with tinsel glitter in which were £12.99 but not as nice as the ones I got! Will keep my eye out for anymore! They've gone down a storm on my Facebook page!!

Same here! I seen those didn't love the colours and they were £3 dearer so neons won! Xx

Logging in as a glitter addict ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 408

Latest posts

Back