Glitter addicts are us

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been looking at glitter.

The CND ones (irresistible glitter) say they are .002 in size which I'm guessing is very very fine.

Are the Martha Stewart glitters just as fine?

I'm looking for a glitter that is almost as fine as a powder. I bought a Stripe & Sparkle by Andrea Fulerton from superdrug and the glitter that came with that was so fine it's what I'm looking for but you only get a baby tiny amount for what you pay.

Glitter as fine as powder? Contact Sandy Watkins from ArtsyFartsyCrafts. You can find her shop op Facebook and Ebay.

Glitter as fine as powder? Contact Sandy Watkins from ArtsyFartsyCrafts. You can find her shop op Facebook and Ebay.

Thanks bt i8t's in the US & postage too high. :)

Do you have CND irresistible glitter?

I have both Martha Stewart and CND aswell as Nailitz (fab by the way)

I honestly think the CND is much better quality. I find with the MS ones that once the topcoat goes over the solvent affects the glitter and it can go darker in some places, I don't have this with the CND or Nailitz ones half as much.

Why are you wanting them to be like powder? If you use Iridescent ones they are super fine if that helps? I'm not sure if CND have them separately but their springtime additives were super fine, finer than normal glitter but not like the pigment additives. Hope this makes sense!

Check out Nailitz I have a tonne of those and they are fab :)

I have both Martha Stewart and CND aswell as Nailitz (fab by the way)

I honestly think the CND is much better quality. I find with the MS ones that once the topcoat goes over the solvent affects the glitter and it can go darker in some places, I don't have this with the CND or Nailitz ones half as much.

Why are you wanting them to be like powder? If you use Iridescent ones they are super fine if that helps? I'm not sure if CND have them separately but their springtime additives were super fine, finer than normal glitter but not like the pigment additives. Hope this makes sense!

Check out Nailitz I have a tonne of those and they are fab :)

Thanks Zooks, I don't mean powder exactly, i just meant super fine i guess :)

Does anyone know where to buy nice premixed matte glitter like this one? https://img0.etsystatic.com/015/2/6840190/il_570xN.434825372_7ljt.jpg The Etsy seller unfortunately doesn't sell pure glitter. Or do you think I should order it anyway, soak it in acetone and let it evaporate? That way I could extract the particles, although I'm not sure whether the process would damage them or not. Thanks

I think I have a problem. I just ordered 24 pots of glitter in different colours and 1000 swarovskis. oops.
xx

I'm a glitter addict too !
But I would like to know how to don't feel glitters when you put it on shellac ?

xxx

Were glitter addicts too! My clients have varying tastes and so I stock the following nail art glitters. I hope you all enjoy this little synopsis.

Ultra Glitter Dust this has particles that measure 0.1 mm this delivers a finish that is more of a shimmer, It's very similar to a chunky metallic paint.

The next grade up I also like is Fine Glitter Dust this has glitter particles that are 0.2 mm, those nail sparkles are starting to get more noticeable.

Then there are Normal Glitter Powders these really for the staple of the glitters we use. These measure approximately 0.3 mm.

Now we're getting into the serious nail glitter territory! These seriously grab peoples attention! Hexagon Glitter. The number of random girls that approach me on the weekly shop and ask where I get my nail done when sporting these light bending hexagons is quite ridiculous. Hexagon Glitters measure about 1 mm in size and come in an array of colours.

Now not for the faint hearted there is Max Glitter. These are similar to 1 mm Hexagon Glitters but measure 2 mm. Were talking mega chunky sparkles. Were talking traffic distracting sparkles. It's all you can do not to keep looking at your nails all day when you're sporting this nail art product.

Finally we have the Mixed Glitter Blends. These typically are a blended mix of Ultra Glitter Dust (0.1 mm), Fine Glitter Dust (0.2 mm) and the Hexagon Glitters (1 mm) and if you're super daring the 2 mm Hexagon Glitters too.

If you want to know where I get my nail art glitters. PM me

I think I have a problem. I just ordered 24 pots of glitter in different colours and 1000 swarovskis. oops.
xx

That is not a problem ;-)
Last Swarovski order i made was 3 x 1440 crystals ;-)
and as we speak i have almost all glitters available at ArtsyFartsy :)
Even with postal cost these a still better priced then most glitters...

I'm a glitter addict too !
But I would like to know how to don't feel glitters when you put it on shellac ?

xxx

To get a smooth finish apply top coat and cure, then apply second coat and cure. Usually 2 coats will give a smooth finish. Just make sure you have a separate top coat for glitters that way you don't contaminate your top coat.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SalonGeek

Hi Geeks,

I'm new to nails, but loving glitter nails already.
I'm about to order some glitter, but was hoping someone can tell me the differecne between Iridescent & Holographic Glitter.
There are so many options out there it's hard to make a decision.
I want the glitters to SPARKLE!!!

Thanks

https://www.facebook.com/debeuf.conny
Hi Geeks,

I'm new to nails, but loving glitter nails already.
I'm about to order some glitter, but was hoping someone can tell me the differecne between Iridescent & Holographic Glitter.
There are so many options out there it's hard to make a decision.
I want the glitters to SPARKLE!!!

Thanks

If you want them to sparkle, go for Holographic.
Have a look on my facebook page, i will get a iridescent and a holographic glitter and put it online.

Have a look on my facebook page, i will get a iridescent and a holographic glitter and put it online.

I placed some pictures of my glitters online, basicaly, an iridescent color, reminds you of soap bubbles, shining a blue-ish, green-ish shimmer.

I hope this helped you in making a choice ;-)

Thanks Conny,
I've had a look at your FB page, you have a large collection of colours!
Holographic it is then. Now the decision of where to buy them from!!!

Can you only use glitter if you are using a gel or can you but glitter and use a normal polish? I have never really had anyone ask for glitter but i'd like to offer it incase they do. I only use polish. Thanks.

Thanks Conny,
I've had a look at your FB page, you have a large collection of colours!
Holographic it is then. Now the decision of where to buy them from!!!

I just had a chat wit Sandy from ArtsyFartsy and i asked her the difference between holografic and iridescent glitters:

-PAXP-deijE.gif
13:59
Sandy Watkins
holographics are usually the metallic colors and iridescents are usually pastels... but not always you could call all of the rainbow-ish pastels holographic

and metallic colors are usually solvent resistant (wont melt in nail polish if you franken thiem) and pretty much all pastel colors are not solvent resistant and will melt if mixed into a bottle of polish

-PAXP-deijE.gif
14:03
Conny Debeuf
Let me do a cut and paste on salon geek

That's what I'm wearing :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366377392.998227.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366377392.998227.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 357

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg