Glitter addicts are us

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got it, thanks hun! X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398005309.258428.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398005322.323348.jpg

Hi ladies! This is probs a completely stupid question but Does anyone have a video or will go through there application of chunky glitter in gels I had a go last night on my mil and it went perfectly except it was bumpy and didn't feel smooth. What do I need to do to get it smooth I'm worried about them catching? Do I need to file the top but then surely the glitter will go funny....confused and needing help lol! Thanks in advance geeks xxxx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398359011.532336.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398359021.319007.jpg

One pic is my chunky/fine holographic glitters in Pink and Violet and the other is Grape shellac with Tin a man tears glitter mix.

*~*~*~* Saucy Sweetheart *~*~*~*

The chunky/fine is my own nails :)

*~*~*~* Saucy Sweetheart *~*~*~*

I love glitter!! here are some rockstars ive done. so glad summer is coming as i know it will be nothing but sparkle for nails!

Attachments

• 1546335_507322146047654_1157760665_n.jpg
    1546335_507322146047654_1157760665_n.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 507
Hi all. Im quite new to this. Can anyone help on what the process is of applying glitter to shellac nails? A lot of my clients want fading glitter or glitter tips, at what stage of the shellac process should i apply glitter and how?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hi all. Im quite new to this. Can anyone help on what the process is of applying glitter to shellac nails? A lot of my clients want fading glitter or glitter tips, at what stage of the shellac process should i apply glitter and how?

I apply the glitter to the tacky layer on the final coat of colour.
I apply the glitter with a brush and then burnish in the glitter, or lightly drag down nail (fade) then apply top coat.
You may need two coats of top coat depending on how rough your glitter is.
For full Rock Stars I apply one coat of either Zillionaire or Mother of Pearl over the glitter, then one coat of Top Coat. I find this smoother, and reduces soak off time.
I do run an orange wood stick around the cuticle margin to remove unwanted glitter, before applying top coat, to ensure the the top coat adheres to the shellac.
This is my technique, others may do it differently. I hope this helps.
Check out YouTube, there are quite a few tutorials that may help.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1398630714.536050.jpg summer nails with a bit of bling x

Latest posts

Back