glitter and shapes nail ...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Emmsybabes~

Reaction score
ok peeps
this is my first attempt at a tutorial so it might not be very good :lol:
but here go's ..
there are links to some of the pictures i have posted of similar nails to these here i have had quite a few pm's asking how i did them so thought this would be easier now im a premmie (woo woo get me hehehe)...http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/42817-finished-my-left-hand.html

right please bear in mind also the only victim i had to do this on was my daughter who is only 10 (tutut i know i know..i do NOT recommend this on children but i was desperate:cry: :rolleyes: ) so she didnt have the best nail bed to work with..

*step 1* sanitise and prep your client as usual ,

*step 2* apply form snuggly,customise if needed,

*step 3* pick up quite a wet bead of clear powder,dip 2/3rds into the glitter of your clients prefered colour,(i say wet as you might find you need time to play with it to get the glitter in place at first)

*step 4* pat and press out a thin free edge (this needs to be a thin layer as we have yet to add the shapes and another layer of acrylic),if your client would like the glitter to fade gradually onto the nail bed,this can be done by lightly pressing the product onto the nail bed and lightly draging your brush back towards the free edge.

*step 5* apply your shapes ,now on this stage if you have worked quickly enough on zone 1 then you should be able to gently press them into this layer to hold them in place,if not you can do this two ways...
either add a tiny amount of glue/resin and use this to hold the shapes,or you can just place them onto the free edge and very carefully apply the top layer of acrylic so as not to disturb them ..this is more fiddly but my prefered method !

*step 6* apply your clear overlay in the usual way ,ensuring it is thick enough to allow you to shape and buff without scuffing the shapes ..but not too thick ,so it looks like a door wedge!!! :lol:

*step 7* allow to fully cure ,shape and buff to a shine ,then add top coat of your choice..(preferbly a quick drying one ,because as soon as you are finished the client will want to rub the nail to check they really can't feel the shapes :green: )

now they will be all sparkly and gorgeous (in my oppinion anyway lol)

if i have missed anything or none of this makes sense whatsoever lol ,pm me and ill sort it xxmwahxx

Attachments

• Picture 232.jpg
    Picture 232.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1,035
  • Picture 233.jpg
    Picture 233.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 2,356
  • Picture 235.jpg
    Picture 235.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,907
  • Picture 237.jpg
    Picture 237.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 3,741
  • Picture 238.jpg
    Picture 238.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 2,346
  • Picture 239.jpg
    Picture 239.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 2,465
  • Picture 240.jpg
    Picture 240.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 3,735
  • Picture 246.jpg
    Picture 246.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 3,078
  • Picture 242.jpg
    Picture 242.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,875
  • Picture 244.jpg
    Picture 244.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,508
  • Picture 231.jpg
    Picture 231.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 1,346
  • Picture 236.jpg
    Picture 236.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,805
Well done on your first tutiorial hun,plenty of pics and easy to understand :hug:

That was such a lovely, clear tutorial!! I could follow this so well,,,,,and will print it out and store it in my file for when I am trained and really to be let loose!!

Very well explained emmsybabes! Thanks for taking the time to do this xx

ooooh smashin im glad its ok to understand ..im not to good ith wording things i get really muddled lol ...
i loved doing it ,so did my daughter although we have shortend the nail right down now so shes not to happy about that :lol:
even in bed last night i was trying to think what i could do for another one :green:

Great tutorial hun!

Thank you.

Very good hun and very understandable, glad to hear you have your thinking cap on for other tutorials because i cant wait to see what you come with next :hug:

Excellent tutorial Em, well done the nails are fab!!! :) Keep em coming, stored this one for printing!!!

brilliant tutorial hun well done :hug:

great tutorial.very easy to understand and the picture quality was very clear.so easy to see what you was doing.hope you do more for us to see.would love to see you do a video?.it would be brilliant to be able to actually see you doing it.:) xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

brill tutorial hun , very easy to follow , xxx

your tutorial was really easy to follow and i will be trying this very soon
:)

Fantasic tutorial

brilliant tutorial hun...thanks for taking time out to show us all xxxx

The form pics were especially helpfull to me.. well done you!

Hello! Great instructions. I have a question I hope you can answer! I want to embed crushed shells and plastic type decals into the tips of the nail. Will I be able to file the nail down with the crushed shells/decals in the nail or will the client be stuck with the length they are? Hope you can help me! Feel free to email me your response [email protected]

If you mean shorten the nail Hun,
Yes you will, But you may find you will need to then thin out the free edge from the top,
As the nail gets thicker towards the middle,
Won't add much extra time though,
Hope this helps xxxxxx

:eek:they look very unusual and impressive, can i ask what l&p you used also where do you get the shapes from please?:green::green:

Do u have any pics hun?

I can't for the life of me apply the clear acrylic over them without disturbing them.

i just got a tub of sequin spangles things.

love heart ones with inside cut out off ebay
300 of each colours and there's 12 colours!!

gotta love ebay for nail arty atuff but not products

Latest posts

Back