glitter eye shadows question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babynailtec

Reaction score
hey guys
happy new year
just wanted to ask a question what is the trick to keep glitter eye shadows on

Hiya, what make are you using?

they are barry m glitter dust

Hi, I havent tried the Barry M Glitter dust.

Depening on whether they are small pots of glitter or pots of high pigmented powder. You could try

Use foundation/lid primer first:-

Use a matching eyeshadow underneath and press the Barry M into that. And if you have one try using a coat of Water Proof makeup sealer on top of that.

Use a tiny amound of vasaline and press the Barry M into that.

Or try mixing the product with a tiny drop of water and this will make it look very pigmented (foil like).

Or if you have a cream eyeshadow, put the Barry M on top of that or mix the two products together.

You need to use a dabbing motion, abit at a time, and it might help if you use your hair dryer on a low setting to set the layers. Wait for it to dry in layers before adding more

P.S remember to put some loose powder around your eyes to collect the fallen powder, (this will blow away when using your hair dryer)

Hope that has helped abit, its hard to advice, as I havent tried them myself. Let us know what works for you

the mac professional range have something called an eyeliner primer, its basically a gel which turns any pigment dust into a creamy eyeshadow, ul find it on ebay..as u have to be a professional to buy firect from them, failing that, a slick of vaseline will do the trick.

thank you for the advice

when i do put them on it does go on my face when i blink
they are small pots they cost £5 each but lovely

thank you guys i dunno much about make up as im just a manicure pedicureist

I have found cream eye shadow or vaseline to be the best to keep the glitter in place.

see i know this was the best place to come to

to be honest u cant really stop glitter from going everywhere...its fiddly stuff, thats why i prefer to get the barry m dazzle dust, much better than the glitter dust and doesnt go everywhere...

also - before u dip your brush into the put, wet the brush a tad, (bit of spit will do, lol) and the glitter will stick to the brush..and go on better..

see i got dazzel dust and glitter but the one i want to wear is glitter dust and will go nice with my top its blue

i am a huge fan of barry m dazzle dust have about 30 pots, great value and great colour range

i prime the eye lid with foundation and set with powder (urban decay do a a eyeshadow primer which is good too) then i use a damp eyeshadow brush to apply it

remember barry m dazzle dust is for the eyes and the glitter dust is for the body

i have about 8 dif colours of barry m dazzel dust (and 2 of glitter dust) and to be honest i think they're a bit rubbish. the colours r fab but not enough pigment in them so they just come out sparkly. i've tried using them wet but it just flakes off when it dries, and even when u do get a good colour from them it doesn't last.

i use a no7 eyeshadow base, which is great but still doesnt keep them on.

i've recently bought collection 2000 loose eyeshadow and it's much better, stronger colours, cheaper, more in a pot and stays on longer.

i still think the best eyeshadows i have are MAC ones though. i have loads of bright colours - including orange! they go on great and last and you DON'T have to be a professional to buy them! not from their shop anyway!!

hth xxx

Im with you on this one sophie. Mac is a fantastic brand. Their colours come out just as they look in the container. They are very pigmented and last forever on the skin. The mac pigments are stunning! I dont know much about it but they have a service called mac pro .. i think you need to pay a subscription. Then you are able to get a discount on products. Bare in mind you need to be a professional to do this, or at least be in training.

Im with you on this one sophie. Mac is a fantastic brand. Their colours come out just as they look in the container. They are very pigmented last forever on the skin. The mac pigments are stunning! I dont know much about it but they have a service called mac pro .. i think you need to pay a subscription. Then you are able to get a discount on products. Bare in mind you need to be a professional to do this, or at least be in training.

Could you please tell us more about this Mac Pro thingy - is there a web link for this do you know?

MAC Pro

The last time i was in store they gave me a little slip of paper .. enrolment type of form. But for the life of me i cant find where ive put it.

If you click on membership at the top of the home page then enrollment. There is a downloadable application for the united kingdom.

If you click on membership at the top of the home page then enrollment. There is a downloadable application for the united kingdom.

Which web-site is this on Nicki?

on the Mac Pro website .. can you see my previous thread above?

on the Mac Pro website .. can you see my previous thread above?

Thanks Nicki :o I didnt even notice that link was there before - going to have a good look around it now.

Latest posts

Back