Glitter & gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Georgiakate

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me there way of applying glitter to gels please? I use Gellux gel and use loose glitter, I am currently using this method:
Apply base coat - cure
Apply colour x2 - cure
Apply glitter
Top coat

Once I have used my top coat brush over the glitter I get loose bits of glitter onto my brush, is there a better way I can be doing this please? Thankyou :)

I keep a separate bottle for using over glitter. This way your main bottle does not get contaminated.

Or keep a lint free wipe beside you and wipe the brush before putting back in the bottle

I do as you do,using a separate top coat for glitters,so as not to contaminate my topcoat. I finish with a second coat of topcoat though,to give a smoother finish.

Thankyou, do you always do a 2nd top coat on all of your gels or just when you use glitter? Might starting doing 2 coats of top coat myself, do you cure it for the same time as you would normally?

I always put another coat over glitters,foils etc,but not if just colour or painted designs and cure topcoat as per brands recommendations.

I only use one top coat unless it feels rough afterwards.

Latest posts

Back