Glitter, glitter everywhere......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cait

CND EA. Essie Spokesperson
Reaction score
:irked:

Youve probably explained this a MILLION times before but I cant find it .......I keep going off ona glitter tangent and ending up in nail art wonderland ..... and Im a novice so there are temptations everywhere......!!!

With Acrylic or gel I want to do a white smile line with a glitter angle covering the one half of the smile line. but the glitter also goes slightly over and into wone two (think of a triangle... if I was allowed to post attachments ... snif sniff... I would show you!)
Anyways my question do I

prep as usual....
white smile line pink L&P zone 3 & 3 and THEN the glitter?
OR
white smile line, gllitter and THEN zone 2 & 3

I am getting bits of glitter everywhere and driving myself nuts (seriously :grr:) as I also dont want a big thick free edge on one side (due to glitter)

Glitter glitter everywhere.....
Which way is the fairest of them all?

thanks

Cait x

PS when oh when will I be allowed to post a picture?

What colour glitter are you trying to do ?
why are you putting it on top of your white ?
do the half of the smile line that you want white in white acrylic and the other half of the smile that you want to be glitter in glitter then cap it all thinly with clear, hope that makes some sense

Are you using glitter in your powder/gel or are you applying the glitter seperately as in not in any product?

If I were doing this, I would sculpt out your white where you want it to be but very thin, sculpt out your glitter where you want it to be, again very thin and then create the structure of your nail, including the free edge using clear as using pink would taint the colour of your free edge. You couldn't really pink up the nail bed unless you used again, a really thin base of pink on the bed before sculpting the free edge.

HTH

Thanks for the replies have been offline for a while... getting the DT's ;) lol

Well I have a small pot of glitter that I simply just dip into with monomered brush and then I cap - but if I need to mix this with powder then would that explain the fact that when I go to cap the whole thing the glitter follows me EVERYWHERE.... hmmmm no matter how much I clean the brush!

Ill try and mix the glitter with some powder next time and then see what happens ...
thanks for making me think harder about this .....

Cait x

Latest posts

Back