Glitter Powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
When using glitter powders to use in zone 1 (I'll ease myself in gently!!) do you apply the glitter powder really thin, let cure and then create the structure of the nail on top of this using say clear in zone 1 and pink in 2 and 3?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Cathie: as i understand it (which isnt much, lol!) you mix the glitter in the clear powder, apply to the tip, allow to cure then add whatever you want in zone 2 and 3 but you also need to apply clear over the top of the glitter mix otherwise it will come away when you buff it - hope this makes sense and helps a bit!

Hi
It depends on what products you are using....

1) If you mix a fine glitter with a clear or 'normal' powder, you will definitely need a coat of clear/pink over the top so you don't buff all the colour off the glitter.

or

2) I recently treated myself to the Creative Metro's powders, which are holographic, and the glitter in those doesn't seem to lose it's colour when you buff them down - so I think it is really dependant on your products. (That or I've suddenly got much better at application!!! lol)

HTH

Tina

Thanks ladies, found an old post by Antony which confirmed for an EZ Flow Walk of Fame glittery tip, do it thin and cap with clear.

nails@42ndstreet said:
When using glitter powders to use in zone 1 (I'll ease myself in gently!!) do you apply the glitter powder really thin, let cure and then create the structure of the nail on top of this using say clear in zone 1 and pink in 2 and 3?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
The clear used to cap the nails not only strengthens them, but makes the color "pop" and the glitter look more 3-D

Watched the EZ Flow DVD and it shows some great stuff with glitter tips, and colour blending etc, its quite amazing what you can do when you know how.

I'll have to get myself a copy of that!

Hi Cathie, its a brilliant DVD i have to say, really inspiring. Still gotto have a play yet but will post pics when i get the chance.

Did Carole manage to get her Ez Flow DVD working yet?

I have to say, it's the best instructional DVD/Video etc., that I've ever seen - it's filmed so close to the nail and just so clear. Well done Ez Flow!

JackieMc said:
Did Carole manage to get her Ez Flow DVD working yet?

I have to say, it's the best instructional DVD/Video etc., that I've ever seen - it's filmed so close to the nail and just so clear. Well done Ez Flow!
*LOL* Jackie i just put an answer on the other thread about the DVD and Ant Buckley - you know the one??!!! The answer was "no" but i was trying to play it through computer: my dad tried it on his DVD player and it was fine so until we get ours i'll go over there!

Latest posts

Back