Glitter question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissChrisNicole

Reaction score
Question...I encapsulate my glitters with hard gel. Usually IBD brand but lately I’ve been using Mia Secret. Is there a top coat that any of you recommend to keep the glitter super sparkly? I usually use the gelixir no wipe or the IBD no cleanse and the glitter is sparkly but I want super clear super sparkly results haha!! Maybe my standards are just too high?? Haha

If you use a top coat that isn't a good match for the lamp you use, then even a great top coat can look dull when coming out of the lamp. The gel you use for encapsulation is also key, as it should be very clear, and not just a regular builder gel. I personally like Lilly Nails. They have a gel called Crystal Clear just for encapsulation, and a hard topcoat called High Shine topcoat. Like with most such hard shiny topcoats (same with Light Elegance's Super Shiny), make sure you only cure it the once, as curing it too long will dull it. And then don't rub off the dispersion layer straight away, let it cool down first. That will keep them very shiny for a long time. Good luck :)

I encapsulate glitter gels with Light Elegance One Step in Clear and top with Super Shiny and have glitter nails for weeks that shine and look fantastic! I second the curing and cooling caution of the post above. Sound advice to get the best out of super shiny. (Which is my favourite top coat of all time. And I've tried a LOT of top coats.)

Latest posts

Back