Glitter Strands.... Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kitty

Reaction score
I bought a little nail art kit that has 2 boxes of different 'colour glitter strands' in them. There's about 1000 in each box so they are obviously quite useful, but I've searched loads of sites to find ideas on how best to use them in nail art but with no luck :(

So far I've only been able to make a stem for a flower with 2 green ones & it looked pretty awful!

The kit was great though, its got striping tape, glitter, hexagon sticky things & bullion. Oh that another thing, I made some lovely designs with the bullion, where I baasically dipped the tip into it at an angle, but the bullion just comes off soo easily, even though I used loads of top coat. Is this the best way to use bullion? or am I wasting it when it should be used individually??

:rabbit: :puke: :pig: :papasmurf: :shocker: :devil: :gun: :beam:

Oh my god!! I just love these little icons!!!

kitty :meow:

OMG girl! I have some too. I have never figured out what the heck to do with them. :huh: :hit: They are stiff and will not lay flat . Please let me know if you figure them out. I have thought about dragging them through some uncured gel and them clipping the ends off after it is cured. :?: .

Yeah!!! That would look kind of cool!

As soon as I know what the heck to do with them you'll be the 1st to know!!
:mrgreen:

Kitty :meow:

I use my glitter strands like Id use rhinestones, so just adding them in nail art in random places. I also like using them when Im block painting/mosiac...cos you can fill the space up with them easily and they look cool too. I've also once used them in a french manicure; instead of painting the tip white, I sprinkled on the strands (mine are crystal white colour), waited for the nail varnish to dry, softly blew the excess strands off, and voila! Sparky tips! Very cute and eyecatching :)

But to be honest...I rarely use my strands :-\ I have stars and hearts that I never use cos they are flat and dont sit on the nail...they get caught and fall off !!
For the bullion..I place it on like rhinestones, that way they stick better, rather than just heaping them on, where they wont all touch the nail and will fall off. :-\

hope it helps

xxlaylaxx

Are they actually like strands of glitter...like a string of glittery stuff? Or individual bits of glitter?
Ange that might be cool...Kinda like imbedded nail art. Or maybe you are supposed to use it for your Fantasy Nail art competition...you know..the kinda nail art that no one could wear without injuring themselves? lol...sorry, just been reading the entry stuff for the Nail Olympics in Las Vegas in June. Crimeny!

LOL...glitter strands are like long strands of glitter :)

i'll see if i cant get a piccy for you Christie :-D

xxlaylaxx

http://kookynails.tripod.com/mypics/id2.html

There yah go...bit blurry but hopefully you'll see what they are like

;)

xxlaylaxx

Mine are not like Laystars. They are about an inch long, about the width of a piece of dental floss and kind of red, green, blue, etc irrridescent. Very stiff though. It is hard to get them to lay flat. I think the description called them "laser strands".

Where do I find this?? I am interested in reading up on it. :study: I am really not familiar with the Nail Olympics. Enlighten me please!!!!! :D

Hey Shelley, the nail olympics is at the International Hair And Nail Conference in Las Vegas the first of June. I am thinking of entering the mixed media nail art category. So nervous... actually I have the form all filled out...just gotta mail it...eek!
http://www.nailolympics.com/
Check em out!

go CHRISTIE GO!!! WE WILL BE ROUTIN' FOR YA!!! :thumbsup:

go for it christie

:D

We're behind you girl!!! :p

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

CHRISTIE YOU SO TOTALLY BETTER HAVE THAT ENTRY FORM MAILED IN!!!!!!!!
smilieturtle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back