Glitter tattoos - do you do them?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bev Rose

Reaction score
Hi all, not sure where to put this so I thought Chit Chat would be ok.

I'm looking into doing glitter tattoos, but I'm not sure if it's just for little princess party type peeps iykwim??

I was thinking this could be great for proms & clients who do have young children may want to pop them in for a sparkly tattoo.

Do any of you do them? If so, what stencils are popular, what colours do you use the most of?
Do you need to patch test (because of the glue) before you do the tattoo?
What do you do regarding being insured to provide this, as there does not seem much regarding 'training', iykwim?

Can I make my own stencils? If so, what sort of stuff would i do it with?

Where do you get yours from?

I've looked at a couple of sites already & they seem to be very reasonably priced.

I appreciate any & all feedback from you all & thanks xxx

i saw the stand for glitter tattoos at beauty uk... they were selling the kit for around £45.. looked great. 1 use only on the tattos tho. as stuck to skin then a glue applied then the glitter , very effective , kids will love the:D i will def order when my clients get younger lol...Glitter Tattoos Created by Glitter Body Art Ltd - Home

Thanks Karen & Spoilt.
xxxx

Re training and insurance, when I asked 2 or 3 insurance companys about this you would need a face painting or make up qualification to apply the glitter tattoos.
I have to say I felt this was a bit rediculous as I'm qualified in Facials, waxing, massage, mani/pedi and eyebrow/eyelash tinting, but I'm unable to apply a bit of glue and glitter to someones arm!

OMG! thats rediculous isnt it? Ive got some glitter tattoos but havent used them yet....good job by the sound of it cos I wouldnt be covered by my insurance.

Humph!:( what a waste of money!!

Posted via Mobile Device

i do glitter tattoos for childrens events, at nightclubs for 'adults' and also major events in birmingham.

Its really really easy and the profit margins are good.

I currently get my glitter and glue from faceacde and glitterbody art but the BF know designs and cuts all my stencils, he has a holding page thingy at the moment, very cguffed with himself called it armkandi !!!

i'm insured sue to having a NVQ2 in makeup, think you can also get insured via spray tanning.

How long do glitter tattoos stay on?

i do glitter tattoos for childrens events, at nightclubs for 'adults' and also major events in birmingham.

Its really really easy and the profit margins are good.

I currently get my glitter and glue from faceacde and glitterbody art but the BF know designs and cuts all my stencils, he has a holding page thingy at the moment, very cguffed with himself called it armkandi !!!

i'm insured sue to having a NVQ2 in makeup, think you can also get insured via spray tanning.

I will have to ring the guild, who does my insurance...

I am a Tantrick Spray Tan Trainer & therapist - so hopefully that should be ok!

Hi

I rang the Guild when I started doing them and they informed me that I was covered through my spray tanning training. I just had to put it in writing to them advising them that I was doing them.

They did say to start with though that I would need a make up certificate but then did confirm that my spray tanning certificate would suffice.

Thanks for that info re the spray atnning everyone.
I have emailed the Guild just now to advise them, ask their advice.

I have also ordered some pretty sparkly things:D

I'm a complete sucker for anything sparkly - as some of you will know!:lick:

zo zo gllitter tatoos can stay on a week but can be removed with oil ie baby oil

I bought a kit at Scottish Beauty on Sunday from Glitter Body Art.

When I got home I realised that the extra bottles of glue I added on at the end of the order were not in my bag.

I emailed the company on Sunday night and received them today at the salon!

How is that for customer service?????????

No drama just fantastic old fashioned excellent service!

Well done Glitter Body Art xxxx

As a note re insurance I have just taken out my insurance with Beauty Guild and they will ensure you for temporary body art.

Latest posts

Back