Glitter tips using glue and acrylic/gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellideb

Nails & Beauty
Reaction score
I used to do my glitter tips by either mixing the glitter into clear gel or mixing it into clear powder but I have since seen another way of doing them on youtube and I was wondering if anyone else had done it this way and whether it works as well?

1. prep nail
2. apply tip and blend
3 prime nail
4.apply nail glue to zone 1 making a smile line
5. dip nail into pot of glitter and dust off excess
6. apply acrylic to zone 1 over the glitter/ apply gel over nail and cure
7. apply acrylic over zones 2 and 3.

To me it just seems quite an easy way of doing it as you don''t have to worry as much about getting your acrylic/gel in a smile line only your glue. But does it work?

Ive never tried it myself but it does sound very easy to do, i prefer mixing it with acrylic as you can do alsorts with patterns and shapes of the acrylic etc :) something worth giving a try tho if you find youl benefit from it more.....the only thing i would say is tho, would you get as much glitter on doing that as u would mixing it with gel/powder? Xx

mmm I'm not sure it would look as glittery, but the youtube vid did. Also it would prevent you from filing the glitter as you would have quite a thick layer of acrylic/gel over it I presume. I'm not quite at the stage where I can do clever stuff with my acrylic! I'm a bit better with gel and can do a swirl at a push!

Sorry to jump into your thread here but is this not what 'encapsulated' glitter with acrylic is? Or have I been totally misinformed?
If this is what I'm thinking then it's really popular in my area, I haven't tried it myself. Might be worth a go on a spare tip to see what it's like - if you do then please send me a pic because I'd love to know! X

Latest posts

Back