Glitter tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarahxxx

Reaction score
I'm goin to do some l&p on myself I'm using and pink and purple glitter mixed into clear powder would a sheer pink or a clear look better on the nail plate?

Most of us would try those combos out first on a colour pop or disc or even on one of your own nails to see for yourself which you prefer the look of on you!

Thanks will try and have a play about later see which way I like best

Do you have to buy glitter from a beauty supplier or can you use any glitter?

I'm goin to do some l&p on myself I'm using and pink and purple glitter mixed into clear powder would a sheer pink or a clear look better on the nail plate?

personally I dont think the clear or sheer pink look any different, although I always use the sheer pink on nail beds unless they are a biter then I use opaque pink. X

Do you have to buy glitter from a beauty supplier or can you use any glitter?

Fine or micro glitter from the craft shop or ebay (this lady is a good seller - item no 110862973520 ) works just the same.

Edit to say sorry I didn't know how to to the link from my iPad.

personally I dont think the clear or sheer pink look any different, although I always use the sheer pink on nail beds unless they are a biter then I use opaque pink. X

I tend to use pink I never really use clear , iv got a soft sheer pink i think I'll use that one , thanku

Fine or micro glitter from the craft shop or ebay (this lady is a good seller - item no 110862973520 ) works just the same.

Edit to say sorry I didn't know how to to the link from my iPad.

Thanku I'll have at look at what she's got iv bought some pots from beauty suppliers but they are really small and expensive, I saw some the other day in a fancy dress shop that is really fine n it was really cheap for quite a big pot and the colour was beautiful but didn't want to buy it if I couldn't mix it with my powder

Thanku I'll have at look at what she's got iv bought some pots from beauty suppliers but they are really small and expensive, I saw some the other day in a fancy dress shop that is really fine n it was really cheap for quite a big pot and the colour was beautiful but didn't want to buy it if I couldn't mix it with my powder

It's not mixing it with the powder you have to worry about, its what the monomer will do to it! If the glitter is not suitable, then it can melt or the monomer can strip all the colour out.

Think ... Nail glitter sold for that purpose is maybe a little more expensive, largely because it is more sparkly, you have much more variety and it WORKS! Think how much you get back on your original spend !! and it is well worth getting the glitter that is suitable for the job you are doing.

I can recommend NailGraphix highly and also the irresistible glitters from Sweet Squared which are very beautiful and very glittery!

Iv seen the irresistible glitters they are really nice maybe I'll just stick to them like you say you get back way more than you spend on it and you have the guarantee that it's going to work thanks for the advice

Latest posts

Back