glitter tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nailtiqe

Reaction score
hi guys...i have some glitter acrylic powder, how would i go on with doing some glitter tips, mixed in the the white powder?????
thanks vicky

Is it loose glitter or is it already mixed in with the acrylic?
I have never tried mixing it with the white only the clear powder.
I tought if it's in with the white you would loose some of the glitter due to the white being a solid colour, but then again I might just give it a try and see what happens.
The world loves a tryer lol
Anthony Buckley would be a great person to answer that one, he does some outstanding art stuff with the glitter stuff.

Love Ruth xxx

Hi Vicky, is it glitter powder or just glitter? This will make a difference. I use tons of the Nailgraphix glitter, you mix it with your own brand of powder. Most are mixed with pink powder as this gives the best effect and only one of them is mixed with white.
Jane

hi ya...where do u get the nail graphix glitter from?
the powder i have is ur normal p & w's and i have some of creative's glimmer and twilight!!! do i use these on there own or mix them with my perfect color powder? thanks Vicky

nailtiqe said:
i have some of creative's glimmer and twilight!!! do i use these on there own or mix them with my perfect color powder? thanks Vicky

Hi Vic - you use them just like your normal Perfect Powders - mix ratio etc - you can pretend that the Glimmer powder is white and do your smiles as you would normally or you could do white smiles and glitter middles - play and have fun with them!!! 8) BTW you can mix the Mosaics with the white or black Perfect Powders to lighten or darken OR mix them together (red+blue=purple etc).. Hope that's helped! ;) Oh yes and you can mix the Glimmer/Twilight too to get red glitter etc!! :thumbsup:

Twilight and Glimmer can be used on their own or if you have the Mosaic colours you can mix them with those to create colours with sparkle.
If you want to look at the Nailgraphix they are available in the UK from Karen at http://www.nailsplusbeauty.com they're really exciting and mix with your own powders and work very well. I'm been using them for months and clients love it.
Jane

Twilight and Glimmer can be used on their own or if you have the Mosaic colours you can mix them with those to create colours with sparkle.
If you want to look at the Nailgraphix they are available in the UK from Karen at http://www.nailsplusbeauty.com they're really exciting and mix with your own powders and work very well. I'm been using them for months and clients love it.
Jane

thank you for the compliment ruth!!!! now for the learning stuff. when it comes to glitter powders, ideally you want to use a ready mixed powder not a glitter additive as these additives can literally form a barrier within the molecular structure of the nails, meaning the nails wont hold up as well for permanent wear. with the ezflow powders, we usr a holographic film that will not break with wear , in fact it actually makes the nail stronger!!!!! now whe i comes to doing the glitter tips, your first decision should be what colour do you wat the base colour to be, white, pink, clear, glitter or solid colour. with ezflow, all 77 of our colour, glitter and regular powders are intermixable allowing you tp create the exact colour and glitter combination you need!!!!! hope this helps for ya

antony

hi antony...i love the ezflow glitter and colour powders, r these fairly easy to learn yourself or do u suggest a course???? vicky

your gonna either work the powders either the same as regular acrylic or slightly differently depending on what you want to achieve. obviously i do recommend a course as i'm serious about ongoing education - you can never have enough!!!! on the other hand there are allot of techs out there performing wonderfull work without the extra training in the colour work. all in all my advice to you would be to get the boogie nights powders, work with them and then decide on the training, also i'm on the other end of a phone at head office for any problems you may have.

good luck

antony

hi anthony

where do i ring to order some of the boogie nights powders

:D

hey caroline, you can call 01202 412001 to order the boogie nights powders.

there are two boogie nights kits available,

dare to be dazzling - clear, pink and one truly white powder base with glitter and strips added. these are wonderfull for full nails with no difference in working technique.

walk of fame - clear powder with more glitter added to give a solid glitter nail. looks fabulous as a two or three colour fade or as a french tip. because the glitter is heavier we recommend laying the product thin and capping with clear powder.

or boogie nights and colour powders can be used with any tradition monomer so you won't even have to change your system over to incorporate them!!!!!

antony

antnbuckley said:
boogie nights and colour powders can be used with any tradition monomer so you won't even have to change your system over to incorporate them!!!!!

so i can still use my retention+ with them that is brill

:D :D :D

you can indeed!!! prep and apply as usual, just use a different powder!!!!! i'm sure sam or samantha can help clarify this, i'd like to know too!!!!

Whilst in general theory, using Brand A monomer and Brand B polymer can work, we advise not to.
Not as much for performance reasons, but for safety reasons.
Each compaines polymers are highly tuned to that monomer. For instance, a slight deviation in BPO (i.e. a fraction of a percent) could cause the monomer not to fully cure and cause overexposure. Repeated overexposure will lead to irritation and finally to an allergic reaction.

In the long run, I would advise using the (correct me if Im wrong here Antony) Q monomer with the Boogie Night powders. Not only will you get far better performance over intermixing the system... you will get far safer results too. ;)

thanks for that sam, much appreciated. luckily you get q monomer, yes you were right, in the kits so that can be used with the powders so the tech won't have to worry about not using there favourite system

antony

hi...r creative thinking about doing a coloured/glitter acrylics course????
it would be great if u did then all us creative girls could offer our clients some great colours and glitter acrylics and still use our retention +...i know u already sell them but i would prefer training with them...it gets very expensive when u have different systems for different things... ;)

nailtiqe said:
hi...r creative thinking about doing a coloured/glitter acrylics course????;)

Watch for July - Metro Metal Powders are coming - gorgoeus hologram coloured powders in Chocolate, Black, Gold Silver Cream and Beige (I think) - have mine done right now!! Perfect Powders used with R+!!! ;)

cant wait!!!! r u going to be doing a coloured acrylics course/workshop???? i fink lots would be interested if u did...i know lots of nail techs like the coloured/glitter...they all talk bowt it on msn and yahoo...only Ezflow comes up when peeps ask about it...
Vicx :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back