glitter turned colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nailsharon

Reaction score
hi im doing a clients nails with opal shimmer (nsi) glitter i thought i would do them on myself to try and iv not used them yet ,they looked ok last night but now they look a greenie shimmer instead of opal white ,just to let yous know iv put french white tips on and instead of the pink or clear overlay i put the glitter over zone 2&3 and over the tip is there anywhere iv went wrong HELP i dont want the clients nails turning green :green:

hi im doing a clients nails with opal shimmer (nsi) glitter i thought i would do them on myself to try and iv not used them yet ,they looked ok last night but now they look a greenie shimmer instead of opal white ,just to let yous know iv put french white tips on and instead of the pink or clear overlay i put the glitter over zone 2&3 and over the tip is there anywhere iv went wrong HELP i dont want the clients nails turning green :green:

i dont think youve done it wrong, that glitter looks different colours in different lights.

it looks whiter if you mix the opal shimmer with your white powder for tips, or apply as a thin layer where you need it and apply your regular overlay.

I found using the opal shimmer with different colours it took on a different coloured shimmer (if that makes sense?)

I mixed the opal shimmer with black and i got a lovely bluey/green shimmer but when mixed with a red powder i got a pinky/peachy shimmer.
To get a true sparkly shimmer use with white powder over the white tips if thats the tips you are using. HTH:hug:

I use Opal Shimmer alot especially for wedding nails, although on tips only and i mix with white the same as Angel.
The only thing i can suggest (and this is because it happened to me when i first started using it) is you're maybe using too much glitter? I also find putting on a layer of perma gloss makes it sparkle even more!

You haven't done anything wrong at all. It is the way the glitter shimmers in natural light. I had this happen to me, when i did a set of french tips on a friend, i used the white opal glitter on the tip only, and when i had done them in the evening they looked great, but the following day my mate rang me and said they looked green. It's the way the opalescence looks in daylight, rather than artificial light. This is what happens with true opal stones too, they reflect any background they are near, so use it with a different colour and you will get a different look.

what monomer are you using hun?

Hi,

Ur not doing anything wrong at all, this is the way it shows up ive used it for years.

I've never used this particular colour but sometimes they look completely different when they are actually on the nail.
If you don't like the way it has turned out why not use a top coat with a little shimmer? It can change the shade. Orly do some nice ones.
hth

hi im using nsi attraction liquid :)
lol
ignore me i skim read the whole thing before ..(naughty nauty emms)
I was only asking as I have a habit of mixing powders and I use creative and nsi, so i have powders mixed in both , and once I must have use one powder with the wrong liquid as it went all greeny coloured on me ...
But as I said lol its not relevent to your question so I appologise ....
my score on the "are you blonde test " says it all hahaha:lol:

Latest posts

Back