glitter:> will any type do?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have tried glitters from the dollar store and they work FABULOUS.
Mind you, that's in UV Gel and no worries for monomer there.
Buy a cheapie packet, try. You'll find out easily. If it fails, maybe you lost only 1$ BUT if it works, you might save a tonne as it's usually cheaper in craft stores. I'm sure that there are different qualities/brands too.....

hth's

I havent done any glitter application before and I bought some Spangles recently.

Can anyone give me any tips on how to do it? - Do you literally mix some glitter into your clear powder and carry on as normal? Is there anything to consider with the mix ratio? Brush care?

mix 1 part glitter with 4 parts clear powder.
apply to nails thinly using a little wetter mix ratio than normal.
cap your glitter application with clear acrylic to prevent filing it off when shaping.

I always get my glitters from Hobbycraft it 0.99p for a large tub, last forever, looks great and is very reasonable cost, HTH

mix 1 part glitter with 4 parts clear powder.

My Mix is a little different, I like the glitter to be quite densely packed so use 50:50 Micro fine glitter:Clear Powder (CND) and work 1:1 Liquid:powder.. I have no probs with the strength of the finished product, and I am particularly rough on my own hands and wear long glitter sculpts most of the time

I only cap with clear or pink if using Metallic glitters.

Latest posts

Back