Glitter wine glasses!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sammi_xxx

Reaction score
Come across this new craze! Glittered wine glasses! They look fab :)

I want to have a go at making them myself but having trouble finding a certain item available in the UK - Mod Podge gloss.

Anyone know where i can find some or an alternative? ☺️

xxx

Hobbycraft do mod podge They do different types for what your wanting to do. Xxx

Kerry 💕

Ive had a look and they are out of stock for what i need :(

I think i seen some comments that the girl had glitter in her mouth after using them lol.

I've seen loads of times things on Pinterest showing you how to make your own mod podge for a fraction of the price! I think you just mix like pva glue or something similar with water, I'm not sure of the ratio but!

Amanda xx

Would love to see pics if anyone has any? :)

If your going to be selling them you need to make sure the glitter is sealed properly and there is a gap left round the top to drink from that ia free from glitter and products.

A few people on my Facebook have had to contact trading standards as they had complaints and that's the rules they gave out.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think i seen some comments that the girl had glitter in her mouth after using them lol.

Your not meant to put the glitter on the rim of the glass haha

I've seen loads of times things on Pinterest showing you how to make your own mod podge for a fraction of the price! I think you just mix like pva glue or something similar with water, I'm not sure of the ratio but!

Amanda xx

Ahhh thanks! Ill look into that :)

[QUOTE=Nails

Oh i know haha i would leave a gap at the top to drink from :)

Would love to see pics if anyone has any? :)

Not sure if i can post pics from google on here :( there are tons on there x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393886086.689397.jpg mine after the first coat.

Yes but I have bought an acrylic base sealer to seal them with. This will make them more wash proof. And I think you can then cover the entire glass but going to try it first before I do that because I don't want a mouth full of glitter. X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393890202.525375.jpg here's the rest of them. Xx

I bought modge podge from amazon was only about £6 I think. These are mine for my wedding centre pieces :) xxx ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1393915476.848075.jpg

They look fab. I might have to have a go at some of these. I love crafting :)

I love crafting too! Im looking around for some Martha Stewart decoupage glue and sealer, apparently makes them top shelf dishwasher safe but the UK sucks, i cant find any haha xx

Latest posts

Back