Glitter wine glasses!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the moment I'm just using mod podge, layering it on the glass then adding the glitter to the glass there's pictures and videos on google with how to do it.. I'm sealing it with mod podge at the moment but people say there non washable this way so want to know if anyone uses something to make them washable? :) xx

Ooh I might have a go at this! I have too many glasses at the moment though, I need more cupboard space (or I could give away husband's pint glasses :wink2:)

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408484788.681348.jpg First attempt! :)

I thought you had to leave a rim around the top for your mouth? 😁 what sealer have you used? :) xx

I thought you had to leave a rim around the top for your mouth? 😁 what sealer have you used? :) xx

No you don't have too. If you look on the internet there's loads where there all glitter :) I used another coat of mod podge. Still trying to find a good sealant

Plastikote is what I use when I make mine, I do put another layer of mod podge on then once that's dry use the sealant :) makes them dishwasher safe too xx

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1409346203.620172.jpg
This was my first attempt for a friends birthday present what do you guys think?xx

Wow love them. Are they stones round the edges? And the hearts? They look stunning and so neat. Your friend will love them I'm sure!x

Thank you x yeah just wee gems I got on amazon my line wasn't perfectly straight so they hid it nicely haha x thank you xx

Love these :) what did you use to stick the gems on with? Xx

Thank you x Just used more of the modge podge glue to stick them on xx

I tried that and it kept peeling of :( I'll try again thank you :) xx

Use quite a bit then coat with modge podge again before sealing :) xx

Which sealer did everyone decide on in the end? I've done mine with mod podge but they need sealing and I don't know what is best to use. I also did glitter to the top because there were so many like that on the internet.

I've just started doing these for Christmas presents. I used the dishwasher safe mod podge. I mixed the glitter into a paste and applied that way. It doesn't loose sparkle and when dry there's no loose glitter. It says before using in a dishwasher to leave to fully harden for a couple of weeks. They look lovely xxx

That's great thanks I've just ordered some x

Hi,
I've been makin the glitter glasses for a few weeks for Xmas presents for friends and family. The only this I consistently struggle with is getting a straight edge near the tor of my glass. It doesn't seem to matter what sort of tape I use or how long I leave it, it always ands up peeling some of the glitter off with it when I remove the tape.
Anyone know who to avoid this?
Thanks
Kelly

Hi,
I've been makin the glitter glasses for a few weeks for Xmas presents for friends and family. The only this I consistently struggle with is getting a straight edge near the tor of my glass. It doesn't seem to matter what sort of tape I use or how long I leave it, it always ands up peeling some of the glitter off with it when I remove the tape.
Anyone know who to avoid this?
Thanks
Kelly

Use masking tape while you're putting the first coat of glitter on then take it of and do the rest of your coats using the first coat as a guide xx

Frog tape gets a nice crisp edge when painting, better than masking tape maybe try that? I think they look really tacky tbh but each to their own x

Latest posts

Back