glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

peaches

Reaction score
can you girls tell me when you put glitter on a nail how to do it on the tip lynda

Hiya,

When i do glitter tips i mix the glitter in my acrylic powder, On the tip (zone 1) as if you are doing a permenant french manicure i do a layer of clear, a layer of gltter and then clear again so i dont buff off the glitter shine!! Then Do zones 2 & 3 in pink.

If you need any more help just ask!!!
Lisa

hi lisa i should of mentioned i dont do acyrilics as of yet lynda

I'm not too sure how to do if you dont use acrylic sorry i cant help.

Lisa

Hi

If you go to www.netnails.com and scroll down the blue band on the left of your screen, and click on Glitterdust, it gives instructions on applying glitter using a clear varnish. Just use their method, but only apply to the tip of the nail as if you were doing a french. There's loads of other useful tips on that site as well, if you need any ideas.

Luv Kate x

thank you for your reply girls

Just paint clear varnish on the tip of the nail as you would if you were doing a French Manicure and then dip in microfine glitter. When you seal the nail, coat the glittered tip last of all or esle you will drag glitter back and forth. Too Much Fun make templates that you can use in the same fashion to produce all sorts of glittered flowers, hearts, etc.

Good Luck

pat

kitkat2004 said:
Hi

If you go to www.netnails.com and scroll down the blue band on the left of your screen, and click on Glitterdust, it gives instructions on applying glitter using a clear varnish. Just use their method, but only apply to the tip of the nail as if you were doing a french. There's loads of other useful tips on that site as well, if you need any ideas.

Luv Kate x

Nail Body Spirit said:
Just paint clear varnish on the tip of the nail as you would if you were doing a French Manicure and then dip in microfine glitter. When you seal the nail, coat the glittered tip last of all or esle you will drag glitter back and forth. Too Much Fun make templates that you can use in the same fashion to produce all sorts of glittered flowers, hearts, etc.

Good Luck

pat
hi thank you for your replys pat could you tell me where i could get the templates from cheers

i do not do acrylics either. my nails are long naturally

i find that painting on clear then dipping in glitter ist a bit messy. gets polish everywhere then when you seal with topcoat it gets all in the topcoat brush.

what i use is glitter polish, and paint on the tip as i would white for french, or whatever funky color i decide to use. i do not use templates i just freehand it. looks pretty good. recently though i tried following my natural tip, the natural smile line and while i dont like it as much, it stil looks good

majority of glitter polishes arent dense however, as in you can put 20 coats and still have places where theres no glitters. i recently have been seeing mainy that are VERy dense in glitter, as in in one coat you basically have covered the whole nail with glitter. i always use 2 coats to be even, its very diffiult to take off though lol.

i am limited in the colors and styles of my polishes, as i refuse to pay more than $1 for polish. lol, call me crazy, but ive tried all kinds and they all turn up the same. the more expensive polishes have more selection but at 5.99 no way. i do though get crazy polishes in asia where the good polishes are 30 cents. can you believe that

anyway once i half empty some claer, im gonna make my own very dense glitter polish. i was able to buy pink glitter, but i would want gold and silver. so just buy ultra fine glitter at the craft store, put in a paper as a f unnel pour it in a voula. i dont see why it owuldnt work. ive done things like it before

Hello,

Sorry I've taken so long to reply. The nail templates can be ordered from
thenailwarehouse.net (The Nail Warehouse)

Best wishes

Pat

QUOTE=peaches]hi thank you for your replys pat could you tell me where i could get the templates from cheers[/QUOTE]

Hi ya, if you have a look at my website :right: www.netnails.net, or PM me your address and i will send you a colour copy of how to use glitter dust. It lasts for ages, actually its hard to get off, :twisted: but we sell 14 colours so you have a good choice. :) You can also add glitter dust to clear acrylic powder if you do decide to to acrylic in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back