Glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi peeps ive got some loose blue, pink and green glitter but wondered how i would use it to create the glitter tips, if anyone can give me a run down on how you do this i would be most grateful thanks x

Kellyc said:
Hi peeps ive got some loose blue, pink and green glitter but wondered how i would use it to create the glitter tips, if anyone can give me a run down on how you do this i would be most grateful thanks x

Kelly sawasdee ka

When we first do glitter we mix but much better to buy a box of ezflow boogie nights powders .

Mui from Thailand

Kellyc said:
Hi Kells: you get a clean empty plastic dappen dish and put some clear, pink or white powder in it then add glitter (add it a little at a time and keep trying until you get to the colour/density that you want). Basically thats it! Apply it to the nail then remember to put a clear overlay otherwise you'll file off the glitter. If you need any more help send me a PM.

Carole Lindsay said:
Hi Kells: you get a clean empty plastic dappen dish and put some clear, pink or white powder in it then add glitter (add it a little at a time and keep trying until you get to the colour/density that you want). Basically thats it! Apply it to the nail then remember to put a clear overlay otherwise you'll file off the glitter. If you need any more help send me a PM.

Sawasdee ka

If you do this the nails will not be the same if you buy a professional made product the boogienights collection has 15 different color glitters and free monomer forms and tips in thebox and is made for nail tech to make professional glitter nails .

Thank you mui from Thailand

mui said:
Sawasdee ka

If you do this the nails will not be the same if you buy a professional made product the boogienights collection has 15 different color glitters and free monomer forms and tips in thebox and is made for nail tech to make professional glitter nails .

Thank you mui from Thailand

i have mixed my own glitter powders for quite some time now and i get beautiful results ;)

As long as you understand the ratio of Glitter dust to powder you can mix to your hearts and to your clients wishes.............Never more glitter then Powder.........and then adjust your monomer ratio accodingly............
I love creating colours and mixes with my powders and keep them in little pots with the clients name on........................As long a s you understand the technical workings of your powders, you will have no problems.............
And clients do love that...............this is my special mix feeling xxxx

Ruth....what pots do you use and where do u get them from
Thanx Hun
Amanda xxx

diesel1978 said:
Ruth....what pots do you use and where do u get them from
Thanx Hun
Amanda xxx
Got this tip from Liza.............
I go to boots and beg for their empty film containrs...............They are free and they are fab.................. and you can lable them ..............

i personally don't think there's any harm experimenting. Not all of us can afford all the proper gear in the beginning so you have to improvise. Lets face it when you are practising its better to do it with something you've invented rather than make mistakes with something that could cost you money.

just my thought.

talented talons said:
i personally don't think there's any harm experimenting. Not all of us can afford all the proper gear in the beginning so you have to improvise. Lets face it when you are practising its better to do it with something you've invented rather than make mistakes with something that could cost you money.

just my thought.

There is a thread on beautytech on this at the moment and a lady there probably tells it better then i do .

She says i tried mixing my own glitter with regular powders and it realy affected the consistency so i would rather use something the way it was meant to be used ....she also recomended ezflow boogie night powders .

There is also a post from Anthony buckley on this site it says

When it comes to glitter powders idealy you want to use a ready mixed powder not glitter additive it can litterally form a barrier whinin the molecular structure of the nails meaning the nails wont hold up as well for permenant wear with ezflow powders we use a holegrapic film that will not break with wear in fact it actually makes the nails stronger all 77 colored powders powders are intermixable .

How professionals on this site are not recomending a professional product because it is ezflow in this site and telling you to mix powders when they know this is unbelievable .

I suppose when creative bring out a decent set of color powders they will be the best thing ever created and no body should mix glitter anymore .

Hope this post helps

Mui

Mui, Creative DO have a set of 'decent colour powders' and they have been designed to be mixed with each other!! Plus you can add glitter with any of their powders, and I presume anybody elses powders. The results are just as good as professional glitter powders - but it is just pure fun to mix up your own colour and glitters, and there is no harm in doing so!

I have NO problem with my mixed powders - I've got loads of glitter mixes and they all work fine, and last the same length on the nail as normal pink and white l&p.

It's mixing one company's powder to another company's powder that doesn't work!!

And Kelly, I have attached a picture of my new 'bling bling' glitter and rhinestone sculpted nails that I am wearing at the moment :D Just so you get some ideas of what you can do with glitter mixes, and there are more pics on my site. Have fun experimenting

;)

xx

Attachments

• blingcloseup.JPG
    blingcloseup.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 119
I always mix my own, then it gives me so much colour choice. I have 16 different main colours and keep them in little plastic jars, then match up a mix to a clients outfit. The white pearl is great for brides and the soft gold is always popular.

I give them to my students to play with on a beginners course and they are all hooked! Its a cheap way to do it, to see if you like the effects.......and you will!!!!!!!!! :lol:

How professionals on this site are not recomending a professional product because it is ezflow in this site and telling you to mix powders when they know this is unbelievable .

I suppose when creative bring out a decent set of color powders they will be the best thing ever created and no body should mix glitter anymore .

Hope this post helps

Mui
Hi Mui,
I say this in a soft voice with a smiling face xxx
If you read the first post again you will see that KellyC asked how she could use the loose glitter that she already has purchased.
She did not ask about a ready made product.........
I do not know which L&P system KellyC is using and it doesn't matter as the rules are the same........never more glitter then Powder...............

I have Creative Metro,Mosaic powders and also have the EZFlow Gemstones, Pastels and boogie night collection......and use them.......
I did not mention those as it was not relevant to KellyC question..........
Just my thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back