Glitterbells colour acrylic

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaylou96

Reaction score
Hi I’m hoping someone can help me. I have recently been using CJP acrylic and never had any issues with lifting or clients loosing nails. I have changed to glitterbells and within the last week I have had 8 clients complain about loosing nails a few of theses clients have lost a few aswell. I’m concerned as I’ve bought the full collection costing me a small fortune and now it’s my reputation that this is going to affect. Can anyone advise me on how to use the coloured acrylics as it may be something I’m doing . I prep the nail, apply the tip file shape, apply a dehydrator then apply colour and cap with clear core. TIA xx

With most coloured powders you need to put a clear base first on the natural nail before your colour powders, but I haven't used Glitterbells tbh.

I use Glitterbels as an entire system but I have found I have to use their dehydrator, primer, clear base, file and cap. I spend a lot of time on prep though so that might be it. How long does it take for the nails to pop off? Xx

I use Glitterbels as an entire system but I have found I have to use their dehydrator, primer, clear base, file and cap. I spend a lot of time on prep though so that might be it. How long does it take for the nails to pop off? Xx
I have had 1 client loose 6 nails within 3 days , she usually comes back for infills 2-3 weeks after I’ve done a set on her. Other clients again within the first few days. I also spend a while prepping the nail as I no this is important. I fidnt use a clear base though, could this be the reason? Xx

I have had 1 client loose 6 nails within 3 days , she usually comes back for infills 2-3 weeks after I’ve done a set on her. Other clients again within the first few days. I also spend a while prepping the nail as I no this is important. I fidnt use a clear base though, could this be the reason? Xx

Blimey! It’s possible as it works as like a base coat sort of thing and gives added strength. I would definitely try that xx

I use Glitterbels and love it, you don’t mention using primer in your prep?
I forgot once [emoji85][emoji849]and sure enough client did lose nails xx

Yeah it sounds like you’re missing your primer. If you were using cjp The One monomer you wouldn’t have used primer but you’ll need it with Glitterbels.
The clear base isn’t essential and is used so there’s a base when filing back down at the next appointment and also to give shape if you’ve sculpted

Latest posts

Back