Glitterbels curing issues

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailfiend

Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone have issues with glitterbels curing? I am curing thin layers for the time on the bottle but if I wipe the inhibition layer most of the colour just rubs off. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m using the sunuv lamp and it cures all brands I’ve tried except glitterbels. It even cures their builder just not the coloured gel

Thank you!

No lamp cures all brands - there is no such thing as a universal lamp.

Check out the Pinned Post at the top of the Nails Forum for information about lamps and matched products

Glitterbels use the sunuv lamp though and sell it on their website

Glitterbels use the sunuv lamp though and sell it on their website

Contact Glitterbells and discuss it with them, they may know of an issue or will be able to give you some advice about their products

The Glitterbels lamp from their website states:

Glitterbels NEW 48w UV/LED Lamp has been created and designed for use with the Glitterbels range.
  • 48W UV/LED (36pc).
  • Features a low-temperature mode as well as a high power mode with 10, 30, 60 & 99 second curing time.
  • Cures 4 fingers at one time with an automatic hand sensor (cure thumb separately).
  • Detachable bottom tray for pedicure use.
  • Non-slip.
  • 50,000 hours lifespan.
  • 1-year warranty
We have been working closely in partnership with SUNUV who are considered the world's leading manufacturer of nail lamps, our gels and acrylics have been tested with our newly designed lamps.

The Glitterbels lamp from their website states:

Glitterbels NEW 48w UV/LED Lamp has been created and designed for use with the Glitterbels range.
  • 48W UV/LED (36pc).
  • Features a low-temperature mode as well as a high power mode with 10, 30, 60 & 99 second curing time.
  • Cures 4 fingers at one time with an automatic hand sensor (cure thumb separately).
  • Detachable bottom tray for pedicure use.
  • Non-slip.
  • 50,000 hours lifespan.
  • 1-year warranty
We have been working closely in partnership with SUNUV who are considered the world's leading manufacturer of nail lamps, our gels and acrylics have been tested with our newly designed lamps.
Hi. I am aware of the specs on their lamp. Mine are exactly the same and I use sunuv which is the manufacturer of their lamp also. Thank you

Hi. I am aware of the specs on their lamp. Mine are exactly the same and I use sunuv which is the manufacturer of their lamp also. Thank you
You need to get the lamp Glitterbels sells directly. While your lamp may be from the same manufacturer and 'claim' to have the same specs, most likely, it doesn't. The first place to start is always ensuring you are working exactly to Glitterbels instructions. Also, remember not using the correct lamp may invalidate your insurance x

Hi. Does anyone have issues with glitterbels curing? I am curing thin layers for the time on the bottle but if I wipe the inhibition layer most of the colour just rubs off. Has anyone else experienced this? I’m using the sunuv lamp and it cures all brands I’ve tried except glitterbels. It even cures their builder just not the coloured gel

Thank you!
I’ve had the exact same problem! I asked my other fellow nail technician friend and she had the same thing. She resulted in buying the Kirsty Meakin lamp as the pigmentation in the colours is stronger than other brands. She says it works amazing and so glad she changed the lamp. I’ve since ordered it and can’t wait for it to come! Haha. We also previously used sun lamp too. Hope this helps x

I’ve had the exact same problem! I asked my other fellow nail technician friend and she had the same thing. She resulted in buying the Kirsty Meakin lamp as the pigmentation in the colours is stronger than other brands. She says it works amazing and so glad she changed the lamp. I’ve since ordered it and can’t wait for it to come! Haha. We also previously used sun lamp too. Hope this helps x
Hi

Thank you so much for your reply. I’m glad I’m not the only one! I’ve since spoken with a trainer from glitterbels and she even said that because they are highly pigmented there is a lot that can come off in the inhibition layer. I’ve found that if you cure for 60 seconds and an extra 30 for the really bright colours it seems to work. She also mentioned too coating then buffing before applying nail art. She uses the glitterbels lamp so it must just be how these gels can be. Good to hear about the Kirsty meakin lamp though. I hear her products are fab

Latest posts

Back