Glitterbels gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeYourBestYou

Reaction score
Hi guys. I’ve been using Saint Nails gel polish and had really amazing coverage with this so far (although the black slightly less so).
I recently ordered a couple of Glitterbels gel polishes just to try and I used a baby blue colour last night and was shocked at how poor the coverage was plus it really wasn’t curing well either. I literally put 3 coats on and it was still not a decent coverage. The consistency was very thin, also.
Anyone else experienced this? I have always heard such good things about Glitterbels. :(

Hi
I have recently started using Glitterbels gels and I must say from my experience so far the coverage is quite good. I only have twelve though so far so I may have fallen lucky with the colours.

Did you notice it more on the lighter shades or darker shades? Xx

Hi @luntclaudia. Thanks for your response. It was on a baby blue colour that I’d noticed it. HOWEVER, since my post I tried it again but after giving the bottle a really vigorous shake as I’d seen another post here about how some brands really “settle” in the bottle. This definitely seemed to help. (I’d not needed to do this so vigorously with Saint Nails so I hadn’t realised.) I still needed 2 coats where 1 coat often sufficed with Saint Nails so far but at least it is useable now! [emoji6]

Use a polish stirring tool and give it a thorough stir before use and you might find that will make a big difference

Use a polish stirring tool and give it a thorough stir before use and you might find that will make a big difference

Oh that’s interesting. I hadn’t heard of such a thing. A definite in my basket xx

Hi @luntclaudia. Thanks for your response. It was on a baby blue colour that I’d noticed it. HOWEVER, since my post I tried it again but after giving the bottle a really vigorous shake as I’d seen another post here about how some brands really “settle” in the bottle. This definitely seemed to help. (I’d not needed to do this so vigorously with Saint Nails so I hadn’t realised.) I still needed 2 coats where 1 coat often sufficed with Saint Nails so far but at least it is useable now! [emoji6]

I tried the grey out of the ones I have which I haven’t tried before and it definitely needed two coats. After the two coats it was a good coverage.

I will never forget I tried a new nail salon once and they had to use four coats of gel polish. I will never forget it. Lasted 24 hours which was no surprise!

I tried the grey out of the ones I have which I haven’t tried before and it definitely needed two coats. After the two coats it was a good coverage.

I will never forget I tried a new nail salon once and they had to use four coats of gel polish. I will never forget it. Lasted 24 hours which was no surprise!

Oh my gosh, really?? Just shows you really do get what you pay for! I would bet that was a really naff polish!

Oh my gosh, really?? Just shows you really do get what you pay for! I would bet that was a really naff polish!

Yes it was horrendous! But then again the service was £10. It was back in the day when I didn’t know any better. Even now I am in the industry I have still never been able to identify the polish used [emoji23] xx

Latest posts

Back