Gloss over L&P

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

notsonewgeek

Lisa x
Reaction score
I know someone's gonna tell me something really obvious which will blow this out of the water however.....

Does adding a 'glaze' over fresh L&P affect its curing? Regardless of whether its gel finishing gloss or some kind of 'glaze and go'.

Ta xx

Not as far as I am aware Lisa:)

The setting time or curing time for L&P is as follows:

With in approximately 3 minutes the product is 60% cured and is tough enough to file and finish. Application of solar oil can help speed up the polymerisation process.

However it can take anything up to 48 hours to 100% cure.

(A bit of educational stuff for you there!)

So no I can't see that a gloss top coat can effect the curing at all.
HTH:)

that's what I need really. If it takes 2 days approx does this not affect their durability etc? :o

The curing or polymerization process is speeded up by blocking out the oxygene, so by covering it with gel, will help to speed it up and will not cause any problems. Just make sure that the gel can get a good grip on the coating, in other words dont shine buff it and then gel finish it, or it may peel, also make sure you cap the free edge so the gel can grip tight.
HTH

that's what I need really. If it takes 2 days approx does this not affect their durability etc? :o
60% is cured enough to file and finish so there shouldn't be a problem with using a top coat on them.
May I ask what made you ask this question? I'm not sure weather I totally understand what your trying to find out.:lol:

The curing or polymerization process is speeded up by blocking out the oxygene, so by covering it with gel, will help to speed it up and will not cause any problems.
HTH
Thanks Ruth I understand what the question was about now.

Sorry I got the wrong end of the stick!!:lol:
Too many late nights!!!!

That's Ab Fab - Thanks all.

I'll start to use it on clients now I understand that more.

Cheers :hug:

ps. do you guys charge extra for this or do either this or buff?

I dont charge extra, because it saves on my buffers and my wrist, but I know some do, if only coz you have to file it back off for a rebalance.

You should charge extra for this....as it costs you money to buy the Finishing Gloss in the first place and you are using your UV Lamp to cure it.
It also takes about the same amount of time as buffing would.
Just less physical effort.

good points Isabel. Thanks

I find it is a good thing to do using the gel or top gloss. I find my wrists don't ache as much and my arm doesn't ache, so i don't charge extra unless i am embedding gems or something.

I find it is a good thing to do using the gel or top gloss. I find my wrists don't ache as much and my arm doesn't ache, so i don't charge extra unless i am embedding gems or something.
Thats exactly the same for me:)

Latest posts

Back